Jambands.ca

Code of Conduct Firings

boiler

Quite a few folks at work have lost site privileges (meaning terminated) for inapproriate Internet and email usage. The media reports only contract workers, in fact a number of Bruce Power regulars have also lost their jobs. The media has been reporting 80-100 people. Bruce Power CEO says about 60, word on the street around the plant is as many as 300. I think they're just diverting blame as best they can for cost and schedule over runs on the project. I blame most of that on Bruce Power themselves by having unreasonable expectations from the start.

From what I understand the inappropriate use was mostly sending jokes home to your wife. There may or may not have been some nudity involved. Some of it was just plain too much time on the net, however, not everyone has computer access so the few who do, often gave out their username and password for other people to use. When it all got added up, it looks like one guy was on the internet for a longer amount of time than he was actually punched in for the week. Feels like a big set up to me. Large corporations, picking away at organized labour.