Jambands.ca

ISO: Pearl Jam Recording From Hull,QC

RobL

Hey, was talking to a friend a few weeks ago over dinner and he said he saw pearl jam at the robert guertin arena in 93 i think it was, possibly 91. And would love to hear a recording of it. Anyone have this or know someone that does that i can download it from or grab a copy somehow. Not even sure if it was taped. I thought i had a copy but I don't. was thinking of another band. thanks for any help. Whish i could help with dates but their is not much info about this show online. thanks Rob

This could help in your search

http://www.pearljam.com/show/robert-guertin-arena-aug-17-1993

And this, from http://www.fivehorizons.com/tour/cc/t1993.shtml

08/17/93 - Robert Guertin Arena: Hull, Quebec

support act: Doughboys

The arena was packed and many people got in free. The set opens with 'Go' and 'Animal.' 'Rearviewmirror' is played midway through the set, in a slow love ballad style. Most all of Ten is played with the exception of 'Release' and 'Garden.' During the third encore, with half of the lights on, a very intoxicated Ed enters the stage with a big wooden cross with a skull on each end with a candle (or a candle in the shape of a skull). Half was already gone. Someone was brought on stage to sit and hold the cross while they played just one song ... 'Indifference.'

I was at that show. Reverend Horton Heat opened. I don't remember the cross or the half-full room by the end but I do remember they encored with Baba O'Reilly.

Anyway, would love to get a recording as well.

Edit to add: Unless Soundgarden played Bob Guertin once, because I saw RRH open for somebody in that building. In any case, I'm still confident about the Baba O'Reilly part.

Edit to add: Unless Soundgarden played Bob Guertin once, because I saw RRH open for somebody in that building. In any case, I'm still confident about the Baba O'Reilly part.

It definitely was The Doughboys opening up for PJ. The Reverend opened for Soundgarden at "The Bob" in 1994.

I remember these shows very well. Good times! After the PJ show, I drove to Toronto to catch PJ, Soundgarden, and Blues Traveler open for Neil Young at the CNE, the very next night.

I remember these shows very well. Good times! After the PJ show, I drove to Toronto to catch PJ, Soundgarden, and Blues Traveler open for Neil Young at the CNE, the very next night.

That was a great show, I had floors/gen admin tickets for that one. Looking at the ticket now - $38 for that show.(tried to take a pic but my camera sucks and its blurry) Those were the days..lol