Jambands.ca

Boss RC-2 loop pedal

flipzoso

I've got a Digitech JamMan for sale right now in the shop for $299. If you can't find an RC2 for less than the mid200 mark I highly recommend paying the extra $50. The JamMan is killer in comparison. Loopers are fun! Anyways, just a thought. Shoot me a pm if you'd like.

Cheers,

J

EDIT: I could ship overnight if you were interested.

Edited by Guest

I can give you one for $220.00 just ask for me. (Dave) @ Lauzon Music

www.lauzonmusic.com

also, fwiw, the rc-2 is a very limited looper. for that matter so is the rc-20 and all the digitech loopers. its fine if all you want to do is layer without moving in any linear way. I guess what I'm saying is you can only layer more and more and more without moving sideways at all. You can't set previous layers to fade out over time (feedback). but if you just want to lay down things to play over or for practice its fine. Even the RC-50 is missing this feature, although with three loops you can fake feedback.

Looperlative is coming out with a pedal looper for about $300 that is going to kill everything in that price range. I saw it at the namm show last week. here's a link to a description:

http://en.audiofanzine.com/guitar-delay-echo-phrase-sampler/looperlative/lp2/news/a.play,n.5436.html

if you can hold out. That is totally worth the wait.

for that, you definitely need a multi track looper. The new looperlative pedal (lp-2) you could not do that exactly. The original looperlative certainly can and way way more. But the LP-1 is around $1500 without a midi controller. The RC-50 I believe is in the $500-$600 range.

Loopers that can do what is in that video:

RC-50 $500-$600 ( 24 bit 3 track, no feedback, storage, aux out, multiply,no extra controller required)

Electro Harmonix 2880 $400-$500 (24bit 4 track, feedback, no storage, aux outs) midi controller is the best option to access the functionality

Electrix Repeater $850 used (24bit live, 16bit on stored loops,4 track, storage, pitch shifting, and time stretching, multiply not in production, shitty preamp that requires a circuit mod to lower the noise floor, midi controller required)

Looperlative LP-1 $1300-$1500 (24 bit, eight stereo tracks, no storage-so live looping only, no time restraints, mix longer or shorter loops synced or unsynced, pitch control, six assignable outputs, reverse tracks independently, really there is nothing this doesn't do, plus this guy makes them in his basement and if people want a feature added, he will put it in the next software upgrade, midi controller needed)

Boomerang 3 $400-$500 (24 bit, 4 tracks, no storage,feedback, sync or un synced. never tried this one, but it looks promising)

Gibson Echoplex $500 used (16bit -9 loops, feedback, multiply. this machine really has personality and kind of steers you in a certain direction of looping.)

all of those are loopers you can use to drop out tracks, bring them back and move a little bit. The new looperlative mini looper will allow that but more through fading and replacing rather than dropping tracks in and out.

also, ableton live's latest version has a looper which is pretty serious and can do pretty much everything any of these can. I'm just not willing to face the blue screen of death at a gig. or buy 3 laptops.

If you're still looking at the rc-2, Digitech released a jam man single - same size as the RC-2 but uses flash memory to give you loads of recording time.

http://www.digitech.com/products/Pedals/JamManSolo.php

What are my options for more of a phrase-repeater? I don't really want to layer much or cross-fade loops in and out, just let me record for a while, and keep playing what I record until I shut it off or record a new loop. In terms of features, the ZVex Lo-Fi Loop Junky seems perfect, but its fi seems a bit too low for me.

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest

If you're still looking at the rc-2' date=' Digitech released a jam man single - same size as the RC-2 but uses flash memory to give you loads of recording time.[/quote']

http://www.digitech.com/products/Pedals/JamManSolo.php

What are my options for more of a phrase-repeater? I don't really want to layer much or cross-fade loops in and out, just let me record for a while, and keep playing what I record until I shut it off or record a new loop. In terms of features, the ZVex Lo-Fi Loop Junky seems perfect, but its fi seems a bit too low for me.

Aloha,

Brad

if you want a phrase repeater, get the new digitech single, or an rc-2. I saw the new digitech at namm last week, and its going to have a bit more to offer than the rc-2 and be less expensive.