Jambands.ca

The Slip last night...

dave-O

... was fucking stellar.

From slipbase:

10-24-03: Le Swimming - montreal QC

Set 1: intro->soft machine, headshot->else#, poorboy, new vocal*->song (of mysterious origin) tease->new vocal, love and tears

Set 2: new vocal #2^, driving backwards with you, yellow medicine->instramental mt zion->yellow med&, december's children, alsoa

Encore: what's so funny about peace, love and understanding, if one us should fall

Notes: # built to spill cover. *possibly entitled "come over" (lyrics speak about love and devotion). ^ lyrics: "wipe your record clean...". & teases included Green Onion and Pink Panther Theme. if i missed anything, fill me in please! great show, tight all around.

That's it. It was a head noodler start to finish. There's a blue moon tease in the Else as well I believe- they were drifting in and out of alot of things. The Yellow Medecine was off the hook and all over the place. And ALSOA was bustout central and such a beautiful song.

tips for kungwatching - just look for an arms flying man in the elephant eaten hat with a blue bandana on it...approach with caution!

WOW! is all I can say- next time I want a bit more grooving room but I was in a place of musical fantasticness!

God they are all so wonderful- can't wait to hear the deal on the Burlington night- wish we could have gone.

Geez, where to begin. The show was outstanding...I felt like I was at Cape Canaveral or a going away party or something because it was evident all night that these three are on their way somewhere. Maybe it was jamband going-away party or something, I don't know. I admit at first I wasn't sure what was going on as they worked their way through headshot but things fell in where the neeed to fil in.

To that setlist, and if my memory serves me correctly, I would add "intro" to the second set because didn't they do that octavial-type intro jam again when they came back from the break? Either way you should send that SlipBase as he's always waiting in limbo for the canadian setlists.

So the Honey Melon came out in Burlington of course. We'll get one north of the border one of these days. Oh and Brad was saying after the show, although I was fucking passed out the bulk of the time he was hanging out (typical), that the Broken Social Scene really moved him even so far as getting their new booking agent to check them out in Pittsburgh when they were down and hinted at the possibility of some dates together.

Unfortunately I missed the show as we went up north to do some camping. Shite, there was 6 inches of snow on the ground, only 90km north of Montreal!

Maybe someone can help me out. I saw the Slip at Frontier, and there's a great song that I can't get out of my head, but don't know the name of.

Here are the excerpts that swim in my head (or an

approximation thereof):

High water, high water, high water will allow,

Me and my baby,

we'll be home,

she'll be home,

should be sleepin' by now.

Sorry, that's all I've got, but it's a catchy little chorus that is repeated several times. It kind of has a country sound to it.

That's Dear Milena- the lyrics can vary a little but this is basically them:

quote:

dear melina

what shall i write you

it's been like eight years

you're still in new mexico

i've been thinking

you and i oughta

watch the sun set

over nevada

there's been something

i've wanted to tell you

about your dad's ring

made out of coconut

you gave it to me

the morning we parted

now i've lost it

i'm so broken hearted

sitting in the middle of a cold north lake

high waters gonna rise till the edges of the great dam break stand

till the cold, cold, water will allow

me and my baby to be home to be home

she'll be sleeping by now

come bright angel

i will go quietly

if i have to

i will do nothing

half the minutes

turn into hours

walk to your house

water the flowers

wish i had a word

i could say to you, say to you

to make you feel better when you're feeling blue

but i never really know what i'm supposed to do

about anything,

let alone you

staring out the window with the rain outside

there's a feeling in the air like a homicide

in the center of town

two worlds collide

leaving it all, leaving it all...

I also meant to mention that Brad often does the last verse like this which happens to be the lines that really resonate with me:

quote:

Won't you let me be the person that I wanna be, wanna be

I know I've taken love so selfishly,

So many times you helped me see there's no shame in being wrong, no pride in being right

Archived