Jambands.ca

NHL Trade Deadline

Guest Low Roller

I asked Booche the same question via email. So you mortgage the future to get Pronger to 'win now', then you decide you'll ride Michael Leighton to the playoffs?

I'm stilling trying to figure out what Washington was trying to do yesterday. Joe Corvo? That’s puzzling. They don’t need any more offense from blueline (hi Mike Green) and Corvo is trainwreck in his own end.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking idiots. Why are NASCAR ratings suffering?

My guess is that the economy is still recovering and they race weekly at race tracks that hold over 160 000 people.

As for tv ratings' date=' I have no clue.

[/quote']

The sport more than almost any other, is 'driven' by sponsorships of cars, teams, tracks and races. Those sponsorships are down almost 40%, meaning revenue is down almost the same amount.

They have been very slow to react to complaints from fans about the pre vs. post show race coverage (fans want post race analysis and interviews, advertisers demand 2.5 hours of pre race broadcast); and to complaints from drivers about declining conditions at several race tracks.

A final nail in the coffin relates to the last point that rather than upgrade tracks to new standards- they just keep increasing the incidence of speed limiters and a whole host of limitations on the actual engineering of the vehicle. This has angered drivers and created a playing field that is far too level- and does not allow the truly best teams or drivers to win every week.

All of that from a non NASCAR fan........Thank you TSN Sport Centre.

Guest Low Roller
He didnt trade away Halak for a stupid doesnt-mean-nothing 2nd round pick.

[color:purple]Mathieu Schneider resents that comment while he waits to clear re-entry waivers in order to play with his fourth team in 12 months.