Jambands.ca

NFL Draft...

PassedOutGuy

God bless those reaching Redskins.

Raiders are up. I am not as excited as years prior, all thanks to the wasted first round draft picks from this decade. I cant complain too much though because I would have drafted JaFatass Russell.

No idea what they are going to do. QB? OT? They got a ton of holes on offence and defence.

Jimmy Clausen must be overated by the media if Cleveland, Oakland and Buffalo passed on him.

Ollie, the Redskins took the first OT in the draft but he is probably the third ranked one. They left a stud on the board, who not surprisingly, went to Seattle with the next O-line pick.

The Raiders didnt address any of their offensive holes (specifically on the O-line, where I was silently hoping they would go) and went with a LB who is not a top 10 pick. Not quite as bad as last years selection and the commentators seemed to like the pick......somewhat.

Here's a quick analysis on ESPN about the Washington pick

Washington Redskins - Trent Williams OT Oklahoma

What he brings: This a risky pick. There are concerns about Williams' work ethic and commitment to improving his game. However, the reward could be well worth the risk. He's the most naturally gifted tackle in this draft. He has a quick first step and lateral mobility to prevent NFL pass-rushers from turning the corner, and also has the power and nasty disposition to quickly develop into an effective drive-blocker.

How he fits: It was no secret the Redskins and new coach Mike Shanahan needed to add a prototypical left tackle for them to succeed quickly. The addition of QB Donovan McNabb inspires hope in the offense and Williams can bring some stability to the offensive tackle position. Players were in and out of both tackle spots all season and its best offensive tackle, Chris Samuels, retired in the offseason. This pick was absolutely necessary and Williams will start from Day 1.

And the Oakland pick

Oakland Raiders - Rolando McClain ILB Alabama

What he brings: It's a little early to be taking an inside linebacker, though McClain was the best on the board. McClain doesn't have elite top-end speed but he covers more ground than you would think because of his instincts. He locates and gets to the ball quickly and can also hold his own in phone-booth situations when teams run at him. He shows good instincts and adequate range in coverage as well.

How he fits: The Raiders are obviously overhauling their linebacker corps. They recently added Kamerion Wimbley, who will likely play strongside linebacker with McClain in the middle and Trevor Scott on the weak side. The Raiders only tendered Kirk Morrison an original round tender as a restricted free agent, showing a potential willingness to replace him. This Raiders defense was 29th versus the run and McClain will serve to improve this quickly. Though it's a surprising pick, this does give the Raiders a good mix of speed and toughness at linebacker.

I'm shocked the Redskins didnt draft Okung, fucking shocked.

Chris Samuels (Redskins 6 time pro bowl tackle that just retired because of injury) has vowed to mentor Williams and turn him into the best pro he can possibly be but who fucking knows maybe he'll just be a rich fatass.

Tebow went at 25 to Denver ahead of Clausen.

I'm pissed that we havent addrsssed any of our needs. A shitty O line, shitty at QB, we had Marshawn at RB.

Move the team to Toronto already cause this is as brutal as if it was run by MLE.

I like the pick. Spiller is supposed to be a burner and the Bills seem to be done with Lynch and all his problems.Fred Jackson played well last year and this gives them a nice one two punch.

There are lots of rounds left in the draft to find quality players to fill some of the holes. Last year they got Byrd in the late rounds and he had 9 interceptions.

But I agree, they definately need an upgrade at quaterback. Here's hoping they can find one in the later rounds.

Everything I have read today suggest the Raiders finally made a solid pick in the top 10. I'm much better with the selection than I was last night.

Not too mention, Claussen dropped out of the first round. The Raiders might still be able to get him. They are going to end up with another starter based on how things have progressed so far so things arent looking too bad for once.

I know, I know. I have said all of this postive bullshit before. I feel like Whitey The Leafs Fan.

Not draft related...

PITTSBURGH -- Disgraced Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has been traded for NHL Hall of Famer Mario Lemieux -- at the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium.

Roethlisberger's name has been replaced with Lemieux's on a display that compares the height of elephants with other creatures.

Zoo spokeswoman Tracy Gray says some zoo visitors had expressed concerns about Roethlisberger's name on the display. She says Lemieux, the retired Pittsburgh Penguins star and team owner, is well-known and approximately the same height as Roethlisberger, about 6-foot-5.

"Mr. Roethlisberger isn't the most popular person lately," Tracy Gray, manager of public and media relations, told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

The NFL has suspended Roethlisberger up to six games for his actions at a Georgia nightclub where a 20-year-old college student accused him of sexual assault last month. Roethlisberger wasn't charged with any crime.

nope... i just saw they took a DT.

Clausen goes to the Panthers... there really must be some issue with his toe since he had surgery in January.

Thats it, if im gonna continue to suffer year after year I man as well become a Lions fan... at least they grabbed a great player in Suh.

Edited by Guest