Jambands.ca

The Rise of Fantasy Sports- ESPN Films

Northern Wish

I've definitely been digging the 30 for 30 series.

Still have yet to see King's Ransom (Gretzky), the AI one, I think Run Ricky Run is on the DVR, the Hank Gathers one or the roto one.

Winning Time: Reggie Miller vs. The New York Knicks was just incredible. Hearing the players talk about what it was like to be in the trenches back then was great - especially hearing from Ewing, who never had a good relationship with the media.

http://30for30.espn.com/

It'll be interesting to see the Terry Fox documentary directed by Steve Nash.

Hell, they're all good.

The Gretzky one was fantastic. Edmonton was nearly in flames when Pocklington made the trade, but you get to hear his story which made everything make sense.

I would love to see the Reggie Miller one because basketball was my favorite sport in that era. I could at one time name the starting line up of every team in the league and had an official Dominique Wilkins jersey.

FF_243144_l.jpg

Edited by Guest
I had the home jersey not the red away

"FantasyLand" on snagfilms.com

ever seen it?

Based on the bestselling book by Sam Walker, Fantasyland, directed by Stephen Palgon, traces a single season in the expert baseball league Tout Wars. But this wasn’t any ordinary season. This season an outsider, a fan, a non expert, would compete against the greatest minds in fantasy baseball including the founder of Tout Wars and one of the icons of the industry Ron Shandler. To compete against the experts, Jed Latkin, a financial analyst from New York is willing to do anything and everything in his quest to win Tout Wars. Jed is more than just a fantasy baseball player, he puts the “fanatic†in fantasy.

In order to beat the experts Jed attempts to play fantasy for real and hits the road to meet, motivate and plead with actual Major League Baseball players to perform well for his squad the Jedi Knights. He presents players like Gary Sheffield, Justin Verlander, Carl Crawford, JJ Putz, Ichiro with team jerseys in hopes of inspiring his players to lead the Jedi Knights to the top of the Tout Wars standings.

Fantasyland is NOT a film about statistics but rather a glimpse into the world of fantasy sports and the personalities, characters and stories that make up this billion dollar industry. It is a journey with Jed Latkin, one of the most wild and crazy, obsessed fantasy sports players you will ever meet.

Fantasyland is produced by Wonderland Sound and Vision and Endgame Entertainment.

this dude Jed is a real lunatic, man.. totally makes it worth it, hahah.

We have scratched a few more off the list.

We watched The Rise of Fantasy Sports, which was really quite good. I could have done without the zany graphics and re-enactments, but the story itself was quite interesting. Plus, I got to learn where the term "rotisserie" came from as it related to fantasy sports.

We also watched Run Ricky Run, which was pretty disappointing. Yes, Ricky Williams is a freak, and yes, he really really really likes weed, but the story just wasn't as compelling as some of the other ones.

• 3 weeks later...
We also watched Run Ricky Run, which was pretty disappointing. Yes, Ricky Williams is a freak, and yes, he really really really likes weed, but the story just wasn't as compelling as some of the other ones.

I just watched it and Im astounded that you didn't find it compelling. I though it was great. Oh well, different strokes I guess.