Jambands.ca

Senior Designer position at GelaSkins

fluffhead77

Hey folks,

We're looking for a senior designer at the moment and thought I'd post it up here if anyone knows someone or might be interested themselves, please PM me and I'll give you the appropriate contact details.

Cheers,

BDunn

Description:

We're currently seeking a Senior Designer to lead their print and web design projects. The Senior Designer will work alongside the graphics team and client services to develop promotional materials, client micro-sites and ad materials for both print and web through our product platform. The Senior Designer will have the opportunity to work with companies like Google, Microsoft etc to deliver custom products and matching micro-sites for promotions.

Requirements:

• 5+ years of interactive experience

• 2 years experience at top digital agency in a Senior Designer role or similar

• Strong conceptual thinking - both visual and interactive

• A solid understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, interaction, user interfaces, and navigation

• Driven to define the look and feel a brand across print and web mediums

• Strong leadership skills- ability to lead a team, manage and mentor junior designers

• Strong communication skills- ability to interface with clients as well as work with teams internally

• A great team attitude

Qualifications:

• Must have a strong sense of typography and composition

• Must have digital agency or graphic design firm experience

• Interactive experience a must-banners, websites, micro-sites

• Mobile platforms and broadcast TV storyboarding is a plus

• Ability to translate concepts into compelling layouts using web and advertising disciplines and methods.

• Strong time management abilities

• Is up to date on design and marketing trends to ensure the work produced is current and relevant to the business.

• Ability to communicate with creatives and non creatives. Good communication skills essential.

• Proficiency in all industry standard software programs: Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) Adobe Acrobat, and Mac OSX system

• Working knowledge of Flash and After Effects is a big plus

Edited by Guest

Phorbsie - tis I'm afraid. But we'd love to have you in Toronto! We're busy snazzying up the office with lots and lots of awesomeness if that helps :)

Mike - yes. But only if it's a 80's style crop top.

next question: will the current company resources and execs move to Ottawa?