Jambands.ca

Limestone, ME? August?

mister slippery

This "Mock Show" is a poster art convention.

They always seem to have the inside scoop on when and where big shows will be, well before they are announced.

When "Mock Show" announces an event somewhere, Phish will very likely be playing in the area around those dates.

I have no idea what the connection is or how they get their info, but that seems to be the trend.

We went to the show last December in Miami (Epic NYE). This is the official site. There were about 30 different artists there, including a lot of the major show poster artists: Jeff Wood (Drowning Creek), Masthay, Kerrigan, Bullock, Tripp, and Pollock had some rare stuff there too. It's basically heaven for poster collectors. Yeah, it tends to coincide with a Phish run to ensure the geek quotient in town is high enough to warrant the whole production and sufficient sales for the artists. Was held in a small convention room in the Miami Hyatt. We dropped a few hundred on some show prints as well as art prints and my guess is that most people there dropped similar amount.

Check out the pics on the site. The artists are also asked to design a print specifically for the mock show. I will try to link Jeff Wood's print ... my favourite.