Jambands.ca

The Wooden Sky Live at the Music Gallery Show Review

lsamuel3

Yea I first heard them in September on AUXTV. I saw their Bedrooms and Backstreets tour documentary. They're now one of my favourite bands right now, everyone in the group is a multi-instrumentalist and they just play with so much excitement. Between the Lee's Palace show which ended with a sing a long on Bloor and this show in a super small church, they're proving to be the best and most interesting concerts I've seen in some time.

Edited by Guest

I'm pretty sure this was one of those bands that DaveO found first and told us all about. Maybe a year or more ago......

DaveO, pfft. Fuckthatguy. His shit is now derivatively stolen by the internerds. All you need to do is look at hipsters. He probably did that shit in his Clark Hall Pub days and if he didnt, he somehow started it. I dont listen to him because the moment he says it's cool, it becomes no longer cool. Everyone jumps on it. You have to wait for the cycle to complete before that art will stop being pretentious so it runs on its own merit.

If DaveO were born earlier he would have bashed the Dead in 1970 and told everyone they were "done". People would have jumped ship and the next set of golden years might never have happened.