Jambands.ca

Top picks for CMW?

DevO

Hey Toronto folks,

Any shows on your radars in particular for this CMW weekend? I am out of the loop with what's new and exciting. And feeling old! The one show I was keeping an eye on was The Sadies with special guests, but Bachman & Turner turned me off of that one pretty quick.

Kev

I caught a litle bit of Cuff the Duke and Gentlemen Husbands last night at the Horseshoe, then stopped in at The Painted Lady (where there was just a naked go go dancer walking around on top of the bar) and the Dakota on the way home. The Sure Things were the surprise band at the Dakota. I read this morning that Ron Sexsmith did a surprise set at the Gladstone. Weekends like this I wish I had one of them smart phones.

Some of tonight may include: The Barr Bro's, Russian Futurists, Jakalope, Slowcoaster, Golden Dogs, The Mercy Now, Zoobombs.

I'm wondering how quickly Czechoski may become packed tonight.

Edited by Guest

I'm wondering how quickly Czechoski may become packed tonight.

If you stick around Czechoski for the midnight set, you won't be disappointed with Terra Lightfoot! The other three Huron guys who aren't me are in her backing band. Her songs rule. She did her record with Dale Morningstar at the Gas Station and it'll come out...soonish. She's not your typical girly singer - she means business.

Czechoski's was such a huge fail on saturday. .

re: terra lightfoot

The restaurant looks cool and the guy running the show was awesome, but the room was terrible! So narrow to begin with and the restaurant doesn't move the tables that are squashed right up to the stage, which at the time happened to be filled with drunk d-bags who talked the whole time and heckled the band. Anyone who gave a shit was stuck 20 feet back closer to the bar in the front room. /rant.

good CMW aside from that nonsense!

Edited by Guest

I agree, that was a horrible set up. Czechoski double dipped - cashing in on the dinner crowd as well as the CMW/music fans at the expense of everyone involved (diners, music fans, servers and musicians were all peeved). I got in early enough that I had a great view for The Barr Brothers and really enjoyed their set.

PS - Note the new and more anonymous user name folks!

Edited by Guest