Jambands.ca

bono

theDrew

or should i say boner

apparently this deuche was at that liberal convention thing at the acc on friday. my question - WHY? what kind of insight can this guy have into canadian issues, does he just travel around the world to find people to listen to him or does he actually back up his words with actions.. does anybody have any idea as to what kind of bullshit came out of his mouth on friday night

actually, while not a fan of Bono at all since about Sunday Bloody Sunday(and having called him many names over the years) he gave a really good speach that night regarding Canada as a role model for the world and praising the peaceful efforts of Cretien

he spoke about Canada paving ways for Africa to buy cheap pharmaceuticals for the populace there and praised Cretien's bravery and ability to follow his beliefs for staying out of the Iraq war while under great pressure to get involved

was also impressed by how he said he was "some dolt who sings pop songs" and really wasn't worthy to be a speaker at the event

not running out to buy any new U2 albums any time soon but I was touched by what a sincerely high regard he seems to hold for Canada

New U2 album driven by Edge's anger at Bono

Really,though he is giving his opinion,why is it anymore valid then folks from this country and folks who have been involved from the start in these campagins?Don't see the goverments inviting the greenpeace folks to these places.And he's doin and saying the same things to the US/England and just about everywhere else he goes.

Just my two cents -

Archived