Jambands.ca

iPad help.... not being recognized by my pc

ersh

anyone have any knowledge on this stuff??

recently came into a first gen ipad... wanted to reset it and erase all data... did that... and now it's been stuck in recovery mode for days, and isn't even recognized by my PC when I plug it in... tried EVERYTHING I could find online... new cables, different ports, dfu mode, reinstalling itunes... it charges when I plug it into the wall... totally stumped and would love to avoid bringing it in somewhere if I can.

i've only used mac for ipad syncing. when the mac won't see it, I do a few things like full reboot of the ipad, and if that isn't enough, reboot the computer.

sounds like you've done the works though aside from trashing the PC and getting a mac ;)

be sure to try it on someone else's computer and see if it gets recognized. you might also get some success by visiting an apple store. book a genius bar appointment.

i've tried on a few of my computers... on a few different versions of windows. All modern version of itunes. trying it on a mac will be my last thing to try before bringing it in.

what's a genius bar? never been to an apple store.

Have you tried updating iTunes? Failing that, have you tried using a different cable?

guess you haven't read the briefing up top. Though reinstalling iTunes might not mean "updating"

tried EVERYTHING I could find online... new cables, different ports, dfu mode, reinstalling itunes.