Jambands.ca

Boss in The Hammer - Roll Call!

Marcust99

I will be showing up around 3:30 to grab a bracelet and try my luck. If the draw means I won't be up front, I am still going to go in early and set up near the mid floor platform. Maybe he will drink my beer this time!

If anyone has tips on a good place to park, eat and drink beforehand, I am a Hammer noob.

Edited by Guest

It was solid. Not the best of the shows I've seen him play (and it should be noted that was my 4th this year so maybe I'm getting jaded), but very very good.

My fav was the opener- My Love Will Not Let You Down, which was a first timer for me. Other than that nothing really stood out. But all of that said it was a Springsteen show so it kicked ass, I was just hoping for a few tunes that I didn't get. Racing in the Streets was on the list and not played for the second show in a row. Fack!

It was really cool to buy Joel Plaskett a drink and take in a couple of songs with him!

Good to see you ever so briefly KK.

Hey ... cool running into you too man. Wife was going "how does some guy pick you out in a full arena who's never met you before?" I just reminded her of the countless times it happened to us at Dead shows and she 'got it' :D

I had a blast at the show. We moved around a bit. Started up near the front of the second floor section only to be surrounded by fratboyish fools and their girlfriends right at the start who were more interested in gossiping then rockin out. They started dropping toxic farts and laughing about it to the chagrin of everyone around. See ya, I ain't sticking around that. We moved to the open back area of the floor (where we saw northern wish) and it was much better. Lots of room and better sight lines.

We then decided to do what we did at the Toronto show ... go to the TOP and BACK of the venue. Was the BEST MOVE. Could see it all up there and had THE BEST SOUND. We had a whole row to ourselves and just a smattering of fans having an awesome time.

Lots of fan interaction and some really touching moments too. They played a real rarity in Terry's Song which was dedicated to a young Hamilton girl who lost her life this summer. You could hear a pin drop with just Bruce and his guitar performing. Reminded me of how special it was seeing him do solo shows at Massey Hall and The Fox in Detroit. http://www.thespec.com/sports/local/article/788999--young-hamilton-athlete-s-sudden-death-devastates-community

Terry's Song, I'm Going Down, Trapped, I'm A Rocker were all highlights for me.

Playing with the panorama feature on my phone i took this. I know Marcus99 has some good shots as he was in the front of the pit and helped Bruce do some crowd surfing!!!!!

4NMRt.jpg

Here's the setlist:

1. My Love Will Not Let You Down

2. Out in the Street

3. Hungry Heart

4. We Take Care of Our Own

5. Wrecking Ball

6. Death to My Hometown

7. My City of Ruins

8. Spirit in the Night

9. Does This Bus Stop

10.Jack Of All Trades