Jambands.ca

iTunes help

NewRider

Woke up this morning and all my tunes were gone from iTunes. All had that ! beside them. If I search for the songs which were all in one folder windows can find them.

The folder is called "Files From Old Computer" which WAS on my desktop and according to my windows search is still on my desktop. The folder is not there. I didn't move it, I didn't delete it. Windows thinks the folder is still there. Why can't I see it?

So what was the problem?

I started using iTunes in 2003, both on PC and Mac, and have had minor problems here and there but for the most part find it very easy to use, great for organizing, looks great, sounds good, connects to devices in my house well, and the smart playlists are pretty powerful.

But it's not for everyone.

I don't know why but the folder with most of music moved so iTunes didn't know where the fil3w were. .

No idea how that folder got moved and in an effort to fix the problem, I downloaded the new version which I hate.

I'm going to check out this mediamonkey stuff. Thanks for your help/suggestions

So what was the problem?

I started using iTunes in 2003, both on PC and Mac, and have had minor problems here and there but for the most part find it very easy to use, great for organizing, looks great, sounds good, connects to devices in my house well, and the smart playlists are pretty powerful.

But it's not for everyone.

I just want to know why the exclamation point appears and tells me that I-tunes can't find the original location of the file or whatever it says. Other than that, I find it it to be just super duper.

Guest Low Roller
Is it free? My computer is all fuckin' slow right now otherwise I'd google it myself.

It's freeware, but you can upgrade for a small token price. The upgrade allows more options when classifying your music, in case you also felt like sorting your music collection by tempo and mood.

Guest Low Roller
The upgrade allows more options when classifying your music' date=' in case you also felt like sorting your music collection by tempo and mood. [/quote']

Helps you bring the ruckus to the ladies

My music collection helps bring girls to the yard, and they're like it's better than yours.

The upgrade allows more options when classifying your music' date=' in case you also felt like sorting your music collection by tempo and mood. [/quote']

Helps you bring the ruckus to the ladies

My music collection helps bring girls to the yard, and they're like it's better than yours.

I'm not sure what that means but I hear the grass isn't always greener over the skeptic tank.

I've been using MediaMonkey for a few years now and have no complaints. Keep all of my music in a couple of specific directories, point MediaMonkey to it and shazam ...

f iTunes

Thank you so much! I personally can't stand itunes (PC version, the mac version seems to run way better). It's too bloated and it's too slow for something that's simply playing music. The performance I get on my admittedly aging laptop is criminal, it's not rendering 3D models in autoCAD for christ's sake.

Do I want to update itunes? No, fuck off, I just updated last month and nothing improved. Also, Im pretty sure I already declined Safari, I prefer chrome's look, stop asking.

It was only thing that made me pause before swithcing back to an iPhone (you can't beat the drag and drop of android). Well that and widgets.

Thanks again Kev, I'll give MediaMonkey a look tonight.

So fuckin' weird!

So I found the folder, was able to reload all the (!) files but it didn't do all of them. Every album in iTunes is only half the album. The other ones don't even have the (!) they've simply disappeared.

Anyone know what to do or should I just say screw it and use this monkey site?

no prob. I treat my music files as master files. I don't want software altering them in any way without my permission. My research and testing led me to MediaMonkey and I've been happy since. Love the AutoDJ feature with cross-fades and I've got music going all the time while I'm at home with this sucker.

Guest Low Roller

My only request for MediaMonkey is a 'recently added' function. My music library is so large that when something gets added it just gets lost in the mix.

WinAmp used to have that function which made it easier to track changes, but their tag editing was primitive.