Jambands.ca

Terrible Tragic News...

Jaimoe

SHEEEEEEETY!

Man, I miss the days back at the old apartment, when we would watch it, just to see if we could see you manning the cameras.

NOTHING beats watching EC on a Friday night, stoned to the tits, with the sound down and listening to the good ole Grateful Dead.

[Wink]

How you didnt pick up chicks once a week is still beyond me. AND, WHY DIDNT YOU EVER GET ONE OF US ON THERE??????????

C'mon Booche, how could I have gotten you, a hairy non-speaking Frenchman with only one front tooth, dressed in tie-dye ( including pants ) on the show?

Actually, I wish I did get you on the show. Jerry would have been proud. Bobby would have been envious of you, but for completely different reasons.

Guest Low Roller

The year was 1994. I was young. I was spending the week-end in Toronto because the daughter of friends of my parents was having her First Communion.

Having to endure this secular event, the last thing I wanted to do was spend the evening with the folks as well. So I went downtown.

I was wandering down Yongue street until I came upon a crowd. Wondering what was going on I quickly noticed the MuchMusic logo, and wild dancers inside. And I also recognized the bouncer...

With nothing else to do other than wander the streets of Toronto, I decided to try my luck, and shmoozed my way onto Electric Circus.

Although I never got on camera (I was told that I didn't meet the on-screen "criteria"), I danced around and ate from the buffet at MuchMusic. The guest artist was Mitsou. Being a french canadian this was, of course, a big deal.

Long story short, because Booche wants back at the 'puter, I was on Electric Circus and Monika Deol is tall and fucking hot. [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by Low Roller:

I was on Electric Circus and Monika Deol is tall and fucking hot.
[big Grin]

She is tall, but her personality detracts from her " hot-ness ".

I was occasionally an assistant floor-director for the show back in the late 90's ( normally I was a camera assistant ). The worst experience of being an EC floor-director was that Sharon the producer forced me ( and all floor directors ) to dance. Since the entire crew got " shot " by the cameras from time-to-time, Sharon thought it would look better for floor directors to dance instead of looking bored or annoyed ( or both ). ME DANCING TO DANCE MUSIC!! Oh the shame!

"The worst experience of being an EC floor-director was that Sharon the producer forced me ( and all floor directors ) to dance. "

Wait a second here. You were paid to dance by chicks, and still didnt get and nookie?

Dude, you had a friggin GOLD MINE there!

Anybody from Anytown, Ontario:

So, what do you for a living?

Jaimoe:

I get paid to get laid.

(Seriously, we are still laughing from 8 years ago at the prospect of my being on EC, ensconced in tie-die, hitting on girls that were 10 years my junior. Heck, good thing it didnt happen. Maybe I would know Sally? So, I say, "Thank you!" in the end.)

I could have snuck you on the show. Even Scott " Brels " got one of his feet on the dance-floor.

Booche, nothing was funnier than seeing Billy Coombs dancing by the DJ. He's flakier than almost all Deadheads ( you met Billy when you visited my work a few years back ). I hear Billy has tie-dye underwear. I say again: " I hear... ".

Archived