Jambands.ca

people of friday, thank you!

6ftgroove

thx Mark Tonin for the great gig on Friday! we all had a swell time! it was a blast! thx also to Nero, the sound crew, and everyone that moved to the music friday night. all the kind words and props were very appreciated! i hope we can do something together again sometime!

peace and love from SFG,

Bill, Nigel, Tim, Summer, Pete, Meghan, Jay, and Mike

hi PP!

oh yeah! we know those dudes... from Boone NC.

..and they are like a real jamband, unlike us.

they had the name first. we didn't know when we picked our name, but found out later when we went to set up a website. they are good shits.

let me know if/when the pix turn out!

not a REAL jamband??

what is that supposed to mean?>

all these people imagined you?

i thought jambands had a lot to do with the crowd. tND's not a jamband, nor is soulive. i call 'em jambands when i'm too lazy to figure the correct syllables to describe a genre. they jam and hippies love to dance to 'em.

do you jam? do hippies like you guys?

!!

quote:

Originally posted by Canned Beats:

not a REAL jamband??

what is that supposed to mean?>

all these people imagined you?

do you jam? do hippies like you guys?

!!

interesting.

we jam, but not alot on stage. those are written and arranged tunes (note: no songs longer than 5 minutes). sometimes we say "lets open up that djembe part and groove out until i yell 'hot potato' then lets go into the bridge"

we jam out the openned up part.. but it was all planned.

do hippies like us? not sure. i've never had anyone come up to me and say "i'm a hippie and i like your band"

i don't even think we qualify as a funk band. or a groove band. or any of the names we've been pinned with.

i think we are a baked good. there is a recipe. 1 part raggae (Nigel on guitar), 1 part funk (Tim on bass), 2 parts jazz (the horn slutz, Jay and Mike), 1 part folk... 1 part death metal... blah-blah-blah... its like a hodge-podge of genres. we call it the 'good times' genre and we want a crowd that likes to shake booty.

what ever that is.

Archived