Jambands.ca

Paris

edger

Ignorance, stupidity, arrogance, selfishness, and all in the name of some invisible god.  It almost makes me wish there was an afterlife so these misguided lunatics would discover how wrong they were and get appropriately punished.

I hate how acts of vengeance make me want to get vengeance.

How is it that 1,700 French citizens join ISIS annually? 

A fellow Faculty member recently shared this quote as part of their own approach to processing through all this stuff and related atrocities.  I thought I'd share...it resonated with me, and I think the last line is pretty relevant to what many of us admire in some of the greatest tortured souls that share & soothe and transcend through their music....

"I keep in close touch with what happens in the world. And there are times when I feel deeply grieved by the suffering I read about, and wonder why life has to be this way. But I never despair. At those times I go deep, deep into meditation until I reach the very source of love and wisdom that exists in each of us....So what I would tell all of you is this: meditate every day, throw yourself into some form of selfless work, and use your sense of suffering to relieve the suffering of others. It is a wonderful gift to be able to give."

-Eknath Eswran

FWIW