Jambands.ca

Rose Garland in Milton...the aftermath!

ROCKER

Hi everyone! Just a note from those of us in Rose Garland...

Thanks for making the trip to Milton. What a night last night! Thanks also for your patience while we worked out the kinks in the P.A. and the lighting rig... the venue had never had to support that kind of power usage, and we definitely blew our share of fuses!

Post-gig, all of the staff and management of the bar had nothing but great things to say about all of you (and us, for that matter). Way to go! Safe to say that they had never quite experienced anything like it, and going into this whole thing I can assure you that they didn't really know what to expect...especially seeing dancers everywhere except the dance floor, and having a beat-up old school bus parked in their lot!

Hopefully we can do this all over again in the near future!

The obligatory set list posting for the post-party foggy-headed:

Set 1:

Bertha > Mississippi 1/2 Step; St. Of Circumstance; Liberty; Cassidy > China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider

Set 2:

Sugar Magnolia > Scarlet Begonias > Fire On The Mountain; St. Stephen > Eleven Jam > St. Stephen > Estimated Prophet; Jack Straw > Deal

Set 3:

Touch Of Grey; Let It Grow > Stella Blue > Throwing Stones > Not Fade Away E: One More Saturday Night

Peace,

Chuck

ah, milton. what a fun and funny night. first off, rose garland, thanks for a great night of music (ROCKER, which member are you?). i hope you were able to glance back and see a whole crowd of people dancing their asses off behind you, while stage front was occupied by dining patrons of the seated variety. strange venue setup, but still very fun. it's not every night you get the musical stylings of sean paul & the grateful dead back to back. the half-time dancers provided mucho entertainment (the coyote ugly-esqe on-top-of-the-bar routine was a real treat), and all in all, i had a ton of fun this whole night.

following the magic schoolbus, then...

newrider,ambassador of milton, thanks for going out of your way to welcome us k-dubbers & make sure we were having a good time. stoned free, mucho thanks for the lovely post-show festivities, sorry we had to cut out while things (including the fire) were still raging... next time you boys are in these parts it will be give'r, nonstop. [smile] hopefully you took good care of our qqc (did you make it back, brotha?!)

okay, where's next weekend's give'rpalooza? lindsay? [Wink]

no worries, im ok.

what a fun weekend. i havent been on a good weekend bender since last weekend. friday with diesel dog was great, and the give'r quesadillas were a perfect end to a perfect night [smile] at least, thats where my night ended. (i am now confident that putting cheese in the toaster is ok, thanks thorgnor).

saturday = fun. thanks bryce or hosting the afterparty. too bad the rest of the snitchener crew was a little short on stamina. must have something to do with them given'r all night friday, while i slept as the party centrepiece. who's that in my pockets?

Thanks again to everyone for coming out to Milton and risking arrest, that was one helluva night! Big thanks to Rose Garland especially ROCKER (Chuck Evans) for setting things up with the bar.

Stay tuned in February for the announcement of the NORTH HALTON DEADHEAD FAMILY JAGER OLYMPICS!

a big thanks to rose garland for spicin up milton and to all the folks who followed the magic bus to create a killer partay at the ol' homestead

i loved lookin out the back window of the bus and seein about 6 or 7 cars following! awesome!

can't wait for the jager olympics!!

(better start practising now) [Wink]

quote:

i havent been on a good weekend bender since last weekend

[big Grin] you're great, qqc!

february family jager olympics? count me in. oh, i know, it'll be tough. lots of hard work, practice all day and all night. but in the end, when the heads are gathered and the music's playin.... i think i'll be competing in the 'floor competition' [Roll Eyes]

i just spiked my morning coffee - how's that for deadication?! [big Grin]

-

Archived