Jambands.ca

Advance Notice: AGP & JSB in Ottawa! - CORRECTION

bradm

While checking various websites, I seem to have come across some show listings for the new year. The info varied from site to site, so don't take this as gospel. Here we go:

Babylon lists Addison Groove Project as playing there on Wednesday, January 7, 2004. The AGP tour dates don't show it, but do list a gig at Le Swimming in Montreal two days later (with Pocket Dwellers the day after that...two-fer, anyone?).

Cafe Dekcuf lists The Jimmy Swift Band as playing there on Friday, February 6, 2004. The JSB tour dates don't show anything past NYE, but the bar says it has tickets on sale now.

Should these gigs materialize, I hope to see y'all there(s)!

Aloha,

Brad

quote:

Originally posted by bouche:

I like the JSB date. I think I've missed them due to mid-week bookings in the past.

Actually, IIRC, the last time JSB played Ottawa was Saturday, Oct. 11 (the day before SCI in Montreal), with The Formula opening up.

Aloha,

Brad

quote:

Originally posted by bradm:

quote:

I like the JSB date. I think I've missed them due to mid-week bookings in the past.

Actually, IIRC, the last time JSB played Ottawa was Saturday, Oct. 11 (the day before SCI in Montreal), with The Formula opening up.

Aloha,

Brad

AGP, JSB, IIRC, SCI, holy acronyms batman!!

Wait until ESPN MTV NBC and CBC show NHL and MLB games on the PC and PS2!!

ad

quote:

Originally posted by AD:

quote:

quote:

Aloha,

Brad

ad

What the hell does IIRC mean anyways?

• 3 weeks later...

The Ottawa AGP show is NOT happening; it was never confirmed, and Babylon has removed it from their website's calendar (though I think it was still part of their print ad in the XPress).

I e-mailed their booking dude (got the contact info from AGP's website), and they're considering a February date for Ottawa, but it might be a Sunday. Should it happen, I'll be there, but I don't know if it'll be that big a draw; people's opinions and ideas would be appreciated (and which I'll forward to said booking dude).

Aloha,

Brad

quote:

Originally posted by rubberdinghy:

quote:

Originally posted by AD:

quote:

quote:

Aloha,

Brad

ad

What the hell does IIRC mean anyways?
I have nothing to say, I just liked the cascading waterfall of quotes [Razz]

Archived