Jambands.ca

Phish 8-16-96 -Clifford Ball

kung

No that's the hissy fit I'm talking about. I was glued to the monitors, as I suppose everyone else was, and the visual was just so odd. It's not like anyone had any idea until ages later about the plane coming too early or whatever. You know basically it came out and had all the gold lava sparkles coming out of the fuselage (so fucking cool) then shortly thereafter Trey just puts down his guitar, this droning loop still playing, the other guys kind of get the picture (and you could see them registering like 'what the fuck is going on here')- Fish gets up from the kit, Mike drops the bass- then the camera followed them for a bit down the sidestage which was a weird visual itself- then the feed cuts and shortly thereafter the house lights come up with no explanation whatsoever. It really irked me and still does sort of. It was just such a heavy weird way to end what was otherwise an idyllic festival.

Did you mention the front row centre guy because Trey acknowledges him in that show- seem to recall that- and the gymnast descending from the rope and flailing around (that shit was hot).

Ok, lets not forget that Jon is talking about a new dbsd circulating of the 16th.

I cant wait to get the 17th as well, and yes Kung.......I also mentioned it (tongue in cheekly) because I had been told that the individual in question was Antelope Greg but I dont know how true that is. As far as I am concerned, that dude is Snuffleupagus.

Antelope Gregg is a tool. I met him on the Europe 1998 tour, and he and his crew are brutal. They think they are owed certain space at the show and are pretty rude to those opposing them. I don't like ridign the rail up fron though so we don't cross paths much.

Still, the guy seems like a real jerk, doing a good job of ruining fun for others.

Colin

I actually met that dude at a bunch of shows in Summer/ Fall 98..... His name is Greg Phelps from upstate NY: commonly referred to as Antelope Greg, because he has been selling antelope tees and sweatshirts for years.

There are quite a few videos that circulate (11.30.95 Dayton comes to mind) where you can fully witness that cocksucker in action. He is very militant about his Phish experience and physically demands that no one enter his space, as he stands practically still with his hands in the air. Its kind of funny to watch, but never ever stand beside him at a show.

Legend has it that the kid made it to front row center for most shows between 95 and 98.

S

ps. What happened at the end of the ball? I know about the unfinished Harpua and all of the nonsense with the plane but know nothing of this hissy fit you speak of.

Archived