Jambands.ca

Lottery mayhem

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

That's my ticket dammit!!! I lost it in the parking lot. The numbers have special significance to me:

12-18 is when I start my xmas shopping

32 is how old I'll be when I get married for the first time.

36 is how old I'll be when I get divorced for the first time.

49 is how many wives I'll have.

21 is how old they will all be.

This morning I read the story of the lady who claimed to have lost her 162 Million dollar lottery ticket.

THen I read an update here...

http://www.nbc13.com/news/2743313/detail.html

Her proof that the numbers are hers is really really funny. I could easily find significance in

some of these numbers too.

-----------------------------------------

Battle said the numbers are significant in her life.

12-18 is her son's birthday.

32 is her other son's birthday reversed.

36 is year her sister was born.

49 is her husband's age.

21 was picked for luck.

-----------------------------------------

Today it gets better. The loser is still really pushing things and is looking worse and worse. The lady who had the winning ticket actually has another ticket that she bought at the same time and a previous weeks losing ticket that has the same goddamn numbers Forcrisake!

- Battle(Ticket losing lady) immediately filed suit yesterday seeking to halt any payout.

- Still claims "My ticket was lost. I do recall all the numbers. They are all somehow family-related. No one can tell me what I did and did not play," Battle said.

The Ohio Lottery validated the ticket yesterday as the sole winning ticket and director Dennis Kennedy said the lottery is confident Jemison bought the ticket, not found it.

As proof, Jemison provided another ticket purchased at the same time and place as the winning ticket and had an outdated lottery ticket that showed she had played the same numbers in the prior drawing, Kennedy said.

This story has got me locked in.

The smoking gun has more on this lost lottery lady...

When she went to cops with her tale of the lost lottery ticket, officers asked Dickson how she picked the six winning numbers. A couple of the numbers came from one son's birth date, while another number was another child's age flipped. As for why she picked the winning number 49, Dickson told cops that her "husband turns 49 this year." That came as a surprise to Keith Dickson, himself a dedicated gambler and lottery player. "I'm 44," he said. "I turn 45 in February."

quote:

Originally posted by Ms.Huxtable:

Wow BradM, the most shocking part of that story for me was how $162 millin dollars turns into $67 million after taxes.

That's yet another reason to like Canada: lottery winnings are not considered taxable income.

Aloha,

Brad

Archived