Jambands.ca

Junkyard Symphony at Zaphod's Saturday!

JennyBear

I think I should probably be tarred and feathered for posting this but who cares?! Junkyard Symphony's new project Garbage and Guitars and easily the furthest thing from a jam band ever are playing at Zaphod's on Saturday night with special guest and everyone's favourite person Algie!! Oh and Dr. Hux will be there drinking alone while I'm onstage so at least one of you should come out and keep him company. See ya there!

www.junkyardsymphony.com

How did this topic get to be about Hux's mastrabatory patterns? JUNKYARD SYMPHONY!! ZAPHODS!!!

and Jay, we actually have instruments now...not just a bunch of garbage played over a CD. They made me stay....they used peppy phrases to try and confuse me...I didn't know what was happening....

quote:

Originally posted by JennyBear:

How did this topic get to be about Hux's mastrabatory patterns?

BradM's Law: As time increases, the probability of a topic on the Cavern becoming about Dr. Huxtable's masturbatory patterns approaches 1*.

quote:

JUNKYARD SYMPHONY!! ZAPHODS!!!

and Jay, we actually have instruments now...not just a bunch of garbage played over a CD. They made me stay....they used peppy phrases to try and confuse me...I didn't know what was happening....

Just wait until you're onstage with Aljee; all time and space merge into one, and the next thing you know, you're waking up naked in a ditch with your car keys stuffed up yourself...

Aloha,

Brad

* This is a variant of Godwin's Law.

quote:

o.....kay. My fault for asking.

Let's now dedicate this thread to Algie and all his glory.

pssst....come to Zaphod's.

Were I in town, I'd be there (and love to be there: it's been a while since I've talked to Aljee and/or seen him play), but I'll be at nero/PB in Montreal.

Aloha,

Brad

quote:

we actually have instruments now...not just a bunch of garbage played over a CD.

Now see, THAT'S great! My biggest problem with seeing you guys before was the canned (no pun intended) tracks off CD - the live stuff is excellent. And I think acutally think some of the jampholk might enjoy the vibe if it's all played live. The best moments of Junkyard Symphony always reminded me a bit of Wassabi Collective.

Anyway sorry I can't be there. Have a happy gig, and if Hux disappears for a few minutes and comes back looking slightly flushed but happy, well, you'll know what he was doing...

- M.

quote:

Originally posted by bradm:

Just wait until you're onstage with Aljee; all time and space merge into one, and the next thing you know, you're waking up naked in a ditch with your car keys stuffed up yourself...

Neat trick, Brad, unless those were someone else's car keys.

(Not my keys.)

quote:

Originally posted by arcane:

quote:

Originally posted by bradm:

Neat trick, Brad, unless those were someone else's car keys.

You know I don't have a car; you've assumed I don't have car keys.

Aloha,

Brad

I've always liked Junkyard Symphony ... I've seen them 3 times in Kitchener-Waterloo, once at the Waterloo Buskers Festival and a couple of times at a birthday party for twin girls that our family knows. Lots of fun. I always thought that what they did could transfer into a jam or trance-dance setting.

Peace, Mark

Archived