Jambands.ca

Lee Scratch Perry vs. The Wailers

TonyRage

There are two festivals within a week of each other in Melbourne. The first is the Good Vibrations Festival which although looks like a bunch of DJs, features Lee Scratch Perry and the Mad Professor. Next weekend is the Melbourne International Blues and Music Festival with tons of great acts (Bonnie Raitt, Chicago, Robert Cray Band) including the Wailers. Is it just me, or is it not dangerous to have Lee Perry in town any time near a Wailers gig?

Probably doesn't matter so much these days he's so fugged in the head. I doubt he would recognize them. I'd be more worried about him and a lighter in a studio again.

Also, his shows since about 1980 have sucked large. Sorta like George Clinton and his posse....the nostalgia buzz is there but the talent/coolness is pretty dried up.

quote:

Originally posted by Tungsten Gruvsten:

Also, his shows since about 1980 have sucked large. Sorta like George Clinton and his posse....the nostalgia buzz is there but the talent/coolness is pretty dried up.

you know, i've been to some pretty cheesey reggae shows! Toots & the Maytals taking top cheese award and Jimmy Cliff a close second.

I have seen/partied with the wailers before and they were very good....but Lee Scratch Perry is the man!! Especially with Mad Professor [Eek!] on bass!!!

I've seen LSP & Mad Professor about 3 or 4 times and it's always an amazing show!

I would have crawled on my knees to make it there......Chicago on the other hand [Roll Eyes] suck ass!

Archived