Jambands.ca

Need NEW AUTO INSURANCE

jay sanislo

Well im screwed at the moment......... Last year i got a a ticket for having alcohol above zero as a class G2 driver, so my insurance company canceled on my and i need new insurance by Thursday. The thing is i didnt blow over but because of my licence situation im screwed. I tried a couple of places and it was like 550 a month definetly something I CANT afford right now. I went through insurancehotline.com and found my cheapest place to be 332 a month, still shit, but i was expecting around that. Now you think contacting them would be easy..........no. They have voice messages saying they will get back as soon as possible but still havent left an email and nothing. Anyone here can lead me in any direction?

ps: sorry this has nothing to do with a music discussion board

the insurance company you want is Kingsway General Insurance, but to get to them, you'll need a broker.

Morrison & Sons is mine i think. I pay 178 a month, with a collision year 6 of 6 on my record. no tickets otherwise.

When i got in my accident, my fault, with an illegal left turn ticket incurred, i was paying 340 a month, with no collision or comp.

still dont have collision or comp, i just drive very carefully.

I got royally fucked by my insurance agent, although not for the same reasons.

I had my insurance policy cancelled due to non-payment while I was overseas..of course my broker told me I could delay paying until I got back. Basically that was a lie and after several notices sent to my guelph address (which doesn't help much when I'm OUT OF THE COUNTRY) they cancelled me. I was reinstated this time last year and even though I am accident free I was still paying almost 30% more than when I left.

I'm due to renew pretty soon and have found that TD offers a very competitive rate, although in your predicament it probably won't matter and you should talk to a broker. I think Royal Sun Alliance or Kingsway usually insure high-risk drivers, which is what you are at least on paper.

For anyone else interested, PC Financial now has Car Insurance (only for SW Ontario) and the reate is the best I've seen. too bad I'm in O-Town (not offered here)

quote:

I think Royal Sun Alliance or Kingsway usually insure high-risk drivers, which is what you are at least on paper.

Yes and Definately No. Royal Sun Alliance is horrible for cheap insurance, especially if your under 25. My very good friend works there, and even with the employee discount, he can't afford RSA to insure him.

BUT, Kingsway General is the number one insurance company for great rates, and insuring younger people.

I've been with them since the beginning, and have found them to be the cheapest by far. But as i said above, you'll need a broker to get to them.

Steve

stay away from RBC too!!!!! everytime you need anything from them, you will be stuck on the phone for at least half an hour (that's just waiting to talk to someone), and stick another half hour+ on top of that if you actually want anything done. plus they're greedy jerks, and out of maybe 10 people i've talked to there since i signed up with them in 2002, only *ONE* person was actually helpful & had any clue what they were talking about.

but thanks for other tips people, i'm going to check some of these out too, i can't wait to get out of the RBC crap hole.

OH, and i highly, highly recommend you DON'T drive w/o insurance... my ex-boyfriend & i got slammed into by some doughhead without insurance once, & she was immediately slapped with a $5,000.00 fine... that's the first offense rate, and the cop at the accident scene told us there's no way out of the fine(s) for driving w/o it.

Archived