Jambands.ca

the Pixies

NewRider

What the hell?!?! The Pixies reunite after more than a decade and these are the tour dates!?!?!?!?

Wed 04/14/04 Winnipeg, MB Burton Cummings Th. For Perf. Arts

Thu 04/15/04 Regina, SK Doris Knight Hall

Sat 04/17/04 Saskatoon, SK Prairieland Exhibition Park

Sun 04/18/04 Edmonton, AB Red's

Mon 04/19/04 Calgary, AB MacEwan Hall

Wed 04/21/04 Victoria, BC Curling Club

Thu 04/22/04 Vancouver, BC Commodore Ballroom

Fri 04/23/04 Vancouver, BC Commodore Ballroom

Sat 04/24/04 Spokane, WA Big Easy

Sun 04/25/04 Boise, ID Big Easy

Tue 04/27/04 Eugene, OR McDonald Theatre

Thu 04/29/04 Davis, CA Freeborn Hall

uhh... no offense to people in these areas but WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?!

I saw the Pixiews one time, I think it was back in '89 or '90, not long after Do-little came out. They were really quite good - some of the best noisy-but-catchy pop I've heard.

Apparently, Frank Black (or whatever he's calling himself these days) has developed quite a relationship with Canada over the last few years - something about record labels... I know he's connected to Sonic Unyon here in Hamilton somehow, and he's toured here extensively Still, that doesn't really explain a lack of more substantial dates in the tour... just the plethora of smaller Canadian gigs.

Guys you do know that they're headlining Coachella right (with Radiohead, Flaming Lips, Wilco and urrrrggh Kraftwerk)? So there are a string of other dates that will be announced leading up to Coachella. The logic of playing the smaller centres first jibes with me, still it's weird. I think Exclaim! is in for a sponsorship which explains some of it.

Archived