Jambands.ca

NHL Class Act...

rubberdinghy

Rob Ray on his return to Ottawa...

"I had been talking to (Muckler) on and off all year," said Ray from Buffalo. "He called me (yesterday) and said, 'Okay, we'll give you this and this and this.' I said that's great, but you're making one mistake: You don't have to give me anything.

"Am I excited?(Muckler) told me I didn't have to be there until Monday and I told him I'd come in today. This is all about winning. You play this game because you want to win a Stanley Cup and I'm excited. It's a great atmosphere up there and those are great people."

Why can't there be more players out there like this? Gotta love this guy!

quote:

Originally posted by Booche:

"You guys don't even know what you are talking about"

Where was he playing before the Sens picked him up?

Oh yeah, the Beer League in between doing commentary for Sabres games. RD, you go crazy anytime the Sens make a move.

My point had nothing to do with the fact that the Sens brought back Rob Ray, (which I personally believe was a good move)but the fact that he was delighted to come back, and for nothing...I know he may be an old timer playing in a beer league, but how come thier can't be more players like this...Then maybe the NHL wouldn't be losing 270 million dollars like they are slated to do this year...It should be for the love of the game not the $$$$$$!! Why does Jagr need to make so much money for being such a sub-par player!!! (and I should say injured right now) GO Rangers!

Like I said last year, Ray is a Press Box Presence. He's not going to get any minutes in any meaningful games, but the other class acts such as Domi and Brashear know that if they decide to pull a Charlestown Chiefs, next game they'll need to knuckle up.

Archived