Jambands.ca

TheMasses VS. The Metal Heads

goldengrooves

In a little bit of confusion last night at the Roadhouse in Golden, the bar triple booked the bill that was only supposed to host the Masses. That caused a $5 cover at the door, which turned most people away (ski bums are cheap) and the blaring metal probably did too. But the Masses did rock my world as usual, I like the 4 piece sound....looking forward to that live album boys, hope to see ya again soon [Wink] . Any left coasters reading this....GO SEE THIS BAND!

oh man... what a night that was. Those guys were NUTS. Not only did we have 2 super-hardcore punk/metal bands open for us (Removal and Married To Music), but we also had to share the hotel rooms with them as well - and they are some seriously messed-up cats. Did you watch their sets gg? 100% pure evil. Not the most ideal of pairings... Thanks for coming out gg, good to see you again - email me your address and I'll send you some music from the tour... mark@themasses.ca

cheers!

That's true punk,

The stripper this time had one of those boob-jobs-gone-wrong looks to her - they were very peculiar looking, like ....well... like 2 bags of saline hanging (and swinging side to side) from her chest - wrong. wrong. wrong.

So the itinerary was:

1. Deformed stripper (3 shows before 8:30)

2. Married To Music (hardcore thrash punk metal)

3. Removal (very very loud instrumental heavy metal)

4. 2 sets of Themasses

Good, wholesome entertainment for the entire family.

The Removal guys were actually pretty cool and somewhat mellow (plus much older than the other band) - they do have a connection with No Means No, Removal's drummer is/was NMN's drum tech - plus they all did merch for them, he (the guitarist, I forget his name) had some cool stories.. A LOT OF THEM. (they toured with no means no, the smalls and the shitty's at different times) The other band's (Married To Music) lead singer on the other hand was extremely freaky both on stage and off. Their stage presence and show was actually quite amazing (jumping on peoples tables etc.), but the music was THRASH-HARDCOREMETALPUNK... definately not our scene. Removal was more blues based and a bit more palatable however...

I believe they ended their set with a fuckin loud as hell 'Frankenstein'.

Archived