Jambands.ca

Disc Deals?

colinw

How do you all feel about Taiyo Yuden's. I've never bought them before, I've stuck to Mitsui's and Kodak's since I started burning stuff for archive and whatnot.

They say they've got a 50+ year life, but I always remember Kodak boasting 100+ years - not that it really matters if the disks are still going to be readable in 50 years, it's just it's quite the difference.

quote:

Originally posted by secondtube:

dude, i was totally happy.

but can u imagine getting an email from the same company the day your discs arrived, advertising the same amount of blanks, same kind, but about 30 bucks cheaper for the same amount!!!

it kinda sucked...

Thats the hook I guess right? You show interest and buy,they want you to buy again,hence the email.

crazy. I hear what you're saying secondtube. I never even got an e-mail from them offering anything cheaper!

Th eonly CDR manufacturer in Japan is TY and some of the companies who used to use them (Sony, Fuji, Ricoh, etc) started using cheaper, inferior discs made in Taiwan. The Tys you get that are generic TYs or rebranding as Fujis, Sonys, etc are exceptional discs and pretty cheap if you find a good supplier. I have gone back and listened to many older Sonys and Fujis made by TY wit no problems, but some other makes aren't as dependable. If you are spending so much time and effort building a collection you're proud of, its worth the few extra cents to keep it working into the future.

Colin

Archived