Jambands.ca

The Clear Channel sucks thread

Vermontdave

Crazy shit bro,I was reading abit about that shit...

quote:

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press ; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Unfuckin real...

Radio Host Predicts His Broadcast Demise

Mar 6, 2004 10:35 am US/Eastern

NEW YORK (AP) Shock jock and self-proclaimed "King of all media" Howard Stern is predicting the end of his reign with a new federal crackdown on indecency on the airwaves.

The Daily News reported Saturday that much of his show Friday on WXRK-FM was spent discussing how pending action by the Federal Communications Commission was about to pull the plug on his show, which is known for its raunchy, bawdy humor.

"My time is over," Stern said. "We had a good ride It lasted longer than I ever thought."

Clear Channel Communications yanked Stern from stations in San Diego, Pittsburgh, Rochester, N.Y., Louisville, Ky., and Fort Lauderdale and Orlando, Fla. on Feb. 25. The company said the suspension would last until the Stern show met its programming guidelines.

On Thursday Clear Channel paid a record $755,000 fine levied last month by the Federal Communications Commission for indecent material aired by several of its stations.

"I'm guessing that sometime next week will be my last show on this station," Stern said. "There's a cultural war going on. The religious right is winning. We're losing."

They're from Texas, and their CEO's a good buddy of W's. They've lobbied Congress for, and almost got passed, legislation which would essentially allow monopolies on ownership of the FCC controled public airwaves.

Last year, they pulled the Dixie Chicks from the air after their lead singer critisised Bush.

Now they're going after Stern whose offence isn't sexually or racially offensive material, but anti-Bush material.

If it looks like fascism, (n. A philosophy or system of government that is marked by stringent social and economic control, a strong, centralized government usually headed by a dictator, and often a policy of belligerent nationalism.) it just might be fascism.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm just frustrated because there doesn't seem to be any way TO boycott these bastids.

Archived