Jambands.ca

So I transfered my list to db.etree

Esau

So I transfered my list to db.etree & man did they ever fuck it up [Mad] ...alot of the shows were not added,even though they are in the data base,and they changed some of the locations of the shows,names of the bootlegs,dates and setlists,when I checked out why it appears because so numbnut didnt have the right date,setlist,bootleg name or location on their list and now in turn makes mine look as bad as theirs.

With all the trouble with phishook.com (shitty fuckin board IMO,not surprsing for a board that goes by "phishhook" [Roll Eyes] ) I wanted to have my list accessible at ALL times,instead of when the idiots at phishhook decide,but now I am going to have to spend countless hours trying to fix everything back to normal,even then after I corrected a few and then re-freshed the page it had gone back to the sites database info.

Anyone know any other places a person can post their music list without it getting screwed up,lost or re-arranged?

I have no problems with how it looks or how easy it is to use.My problem is that if so dumbass is the first to enter a show on db.etree then that fucks it up for everyone afterwards.Since I have tried three times to enter the correct data into my list on one show in particular and each time it resorts back to their database info...which is wrong.No wonder I have so much problems trading with people whose lists are on that site.

Thinking I will just take the CSV files I have on disc of my list and setup a free site where I can post the info correctly.

Shame is I really like the way it looks and organizes.

http://db.etree.org/Esau.

Thanks for the good luck wishes though.

i did the opposite, but have found no problems.

i found db.etree.org was vastly easier to use than phishhook, so create and edit my list in db.etree.org.

but when updated, i always save my list, and update it in phishhooks database. it transfers perfectly every time....

Now i've noticed the phishhook database is far from complete, as many shows that have database information, are not recognized in the hook database. I mean they still show up, but you can't click them.

Now, i am doing the opposite of what your trying to do, i created and edit in db, then transfer to phishhook...

but i also view my list in excel when i'm not patient for one of the slowass database sites to open...

Actually the db.etree has a more complete data base,only difference between the two is phishhook does not force the database info into your list,but instead places it on the bottom to see only,if you enter a setlist,right or wrong it is still the setlist people will see along with the phishhook notes and info on that show.

etree seems to only go with what they have in their database in turn changes the info I post and all the extra notes pertaining to the # of times played,last time played until phishhook(which is completely unstable right now).

I used to have my list on excel but found not enough people used excel and couldnt open my list half the time.

Having 113 Dylan (75 or so with the info changed) shows and 305 various shows its just not in the cards for me to sit and try to fix every little thing etree decides isn't worth having on MY list.

I am looking into setting up a single page website to host my list today instead.

To each their own, but other than recently (which from what i understand, has a lot to do with a computer crashing...) Phishhook is pretty reliable. Phook pages also tend to load faster than db pages, in my experience. That's why I stick with Phook... For others, db seems to work better... At least Phook has the decency to leave a detailed message when they're broke down... i couldn't agree with you more though Esau about problems with the db database... i just enter my own info for every show I have on phook... it might take a little longer, but at least it's right... i personally find db very frustrating, and very slow. Good luck with this, if you find a better, easier, faster way, let me know...

Well so far I have lost a whole page of Little Feat shows,luckily I had it backed up as I had a feeling that site would crash once again (twice today alone) so I was able to restore what I had saved before I added a few shows,but I don't want to lose all of it.And I know buddy "claims" its all saved but if thats so then I would not have lost a whole page.I do like phishhook because the dont force the data on me,but its unstable right now and no matter what they say it cannot all be saved,so I wanted another source to store my shows,one I can access at any time.

The more sites my list is on the more trades I get..

Archived