Jambands.ca

Kung, #2, Esau... scaring away the left-coast

keither

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think anyone wants to exclude your friends from this board. Personally, I was upset over the use of this board to publically humiliate someone else. I know Kung has not been adding his two cents ever since that episode, and I think the whole situation was extremely unfortunate since it has removed some interesting characters. I hope they reconsider boycotting, and I hope that by-gones can be by-gones.

Holy crap.

This was everything to do with a pot-stirring JOKE folks!! Esau... sorry for throwing you in the pot brother!! [Wink] We're all community... so we all need to lighten up a LOT!!!

There've been too many stones thrown lately... let's mend fences and GET OVER ALL THIS, OK?

All I was trying to get across is that there are people out here, who are tired of hearing one person with tunnel vision (or hearing) and a lot of home time on his hands.

You don't have to be so negative.

Everyone has an opinion, but you just shove yours down everyones throat. And more than that, you do bash just about every band that you haven't based your life around.

Just a thought...........

TC

quote:

Originally posted by The Critic:

But I know quite a few lurkers who would just as soon send Esau and his negative, holier than thou griping out there for you to enjoy.

FatCats are the best, anything "electronic" blows.

Phish sucks, Dylan rules- we get it already.

Glad to see I am accomplishing what I set out to do (piss ya off) and bring new members to the site. Welcome [big Grin]

Send me out.

Fat Cats are a great band,hands down,I certianly wouldn't claim they are the best,nor have I.

I have never said Phish sucks,just alot of their fans do.I don't use the word sucks when describing my dislike towards somthing.

To me Dylan is the greatest,so what?

Electronic music is crap in my opinion.

Ya got that one anyway. [big Grin]

quote:

But I know quite a few lurkers who would just as soon send Esau and his negative, holier than thou griping out there for you to enjoy.

FatCats are the best, anything "electronic" blows.

Phish sucks, Dylan rules- we get it already.

well the key here is lurkers....no one cares what lurkers think. maybe if they added something to the conversations....

oh, and the fatties are better than any electronic crap.

All I was trying to get across is that there are people out here, who are tired of hearing one person with tunnel vision (or hearing) and a lot of home time on his hands.

Everyone has an opinion, but you just shove yours down everyones throat. And more than that, you do bash just about every band that you haven't based your life around.

TC

quote:

consume copious amounts of narcotics

Obvious you know nothing about me.

As for the rest..well this is the reaction I am looking for and getting.My online persona is nothing like who I am in person.

Although when I do make such claims about people I do not cowardily hide behind the safety of a computer or an alias,I come right out and say who I am.

*yawn*

Not hiding behind a computer Esau?

First of all that is not your name...... Greg Risko.

Second, unless you have designed some kind of WI-FI Human Transmogrifier we are all technically hiding behind our computers.

In real life, your elitist hippy ass would never talk to a "clean cut newbie" like me.

TC

you know what I only know Esau from this board. and I love SCI and Disco Biscuits and I don't take anything he says about those bands personally!!!

The only thing that I know of that sucks about Greg is his choice in Hockey teams!!!

<<<<<<<< = Bruins!!! hehe.

and Greg, can't wait for the Amsterdam stories on friday!

quote:

My grandparents don't do "brektasy" and complain about how the the Biscuits blow, and the old school Fatties can't be beat.

TC

Now thats pure comedy,since the term brektasy was used in a joke and wasn't even started by me,I used it at a morning party in Toronto.Never really complained about the biscuits myself,although I'm not a fan of what I have heard,maybe in jest a took pokes at them with a friend here or there as I do about Phish.The "old school" Fat cats kicked ass,so do the new Fat Cats.

So you have a problem with my liking the Fat Cats,thats fine.Not everybody likes them,although I do not push them on people or argue they are better then any other band.

Why not speak up,since you are big enough to make those comments why not be big enough to announce who you are.Your points would probally be more valid then,because right now you appear to be another person from this board or another board cowardily using a new alais to say things you would never have the courage to say in person or as yourself.

Greg has helped the Hamilton music scene and my own business on many different occasions.

In the last year he's put in at least 1000 volunteer hours towards numerous shows in Hamilton. Everything from putting up posters, flyering, working the door, scouting bands, selling merch, etc. This doesn't include the money from his day job that he continuously puts towards these efforts.

He also helps promote my shows for nothing but the sheer joy of music. When I have a show and the budget’s tight Greg's always there to help. He even pays to get into shows even though he's probably working the gig in some capacity. That’s class!

If you have a personal problem with Greg that’s okay but don't indicate he hasn't done anything for the scene because that’s simply not true. I'm not saying this because Greg is my friend. I'm saying this because Greg has become my friend due to his ongoing support. He's never asked for anything in return.

quote:

Yeah,I can agree with the home time,down side to going to radiation treatments is not being able to go to work everyday,or sleep right,eat right,and that does impair my positvity,but that is no secret and one I have openly apologised for and admited.

After two hours of radiation I guess I should try to be more productive and not just lay around eh?

Yeah my name is Greg Risko..that is also no secret on this or the other boards.

quote:

In real life, your elitist hippy ass would never talk to a "clean cut newbie" like me.

For a "newbie" (which obviously your not) you seem to know enough that occured near a year ago...

Example: The phrase "brektasy".

Next?

quote:

posted 03-16-2004 08:18 AM

TC

quote:

posted 03-16-2004 02:31 PM

TC

The dumbass must have deleted the wrong post in an attempt to back peddle.

[Roll Eyes]

Archived