Jambands.ca

Page

Booche

That's it, I have heard approx 5 shows worth of cd's from this tour................

i GAVE it to that guy for the last few tours before the hiatus. Most nights, I thought he played as though he was bored, and I still believe that.

BUT, he is GIVEN'eR on this tour. That alone gives me hope for my next Phish show.

Man of the Match

Page is the shit. It must be hard to maintain such a subtle and classy approach when you have the Red Rooster wailing away next to you all night long but Page pulls it off with dignity.

Like they used to say about Phil Lesh, when Page is on, Phish is on. And these days, Page is right on! [Cool][Cool]

The thing I dislike most about Phish is their vocals. It's almost like when they started the band they didn't have a singer so Trey just ended up singing everything. That being said, I really enjoy Page's voice. I wish it was the other way around, with Page being the main vocalist and Trey getting to sing one every now and then. Page is the man.

Flipperbaby, I think the problem is not so much that he is unable (come on, have you got the tapes for those shows yet?) or doesn't know his role yet, but that Trey is the engineer on that train and for the most part, my single biggest criticism of the Cinci shows is that Trey doesn't give Page enough time to work into things/cuts him off ALOT. Add that to the fact that we need to start a People for A Louder Page website and I think this is where alot of your disappointment stems. Get the tapes, revisit, rethink and I think you'll change your mind.

my2sense

I'm with Flippebaby on this one.

I saw Diesel Dog last night and thought that their keyboarder blew Page away. I could hear him, he played with confidence, he was paying attention, he had some ideas, his voice didn't go out of key that often...

I've heard a number of shows on this tour and seen a couple...Page is a total weak link and it has nothing to do with Trey's commandeering of the jams. I don't even think Page notices when there's space for him to fill - there he is with his head down, one finger on the clav and a thumb on the grand. The only time he gets noticed is in the intro to Gin when he's supposed to play like he's out of tune and time.

Maybe I don't get the role of the keyboard player in rock either because I thought the guy in the TAB was crap too...

Page was hot in cinci i thought. hes right up there for me with phish, a great player

im really glad to see his setup facin the crowd more this tour instead of looking longways down the stage.

man this tour is on fire they keep blowing up, lets see hightlight 1 BBking 2 destiny 3 all the solo tunes 4 friday cinci 5 proud mary first in 1100 shows [Eek!] it just makes me feel sick

cant wait for summer

I am not sure what you guys are watching or listening to. Page is ripping it up this tour and he is clearly the man stepping up most at each show. His singing is excellent, his keyboard fills are sweet, and the use of different tones on each keyboard really adds to the Phish sound.

Page has been pretty strong each show, not having more off nights than any of the other guys. I think his time in Vida Blue really helped bring out the leader in him and now he has the confidence to jump out and lead the jams and take the tunes in new directions.

The weak link? Hopefully you're kidding. If not, you need to sit down and take a serious listen to anything from this past tour. I love the new position of Page's setup and I think he is going to continue being strong for future shows. Trey seems to have toned it down recently, and let the other guys do their thing. Makes for a better band.

I guess you could always go check out Diesel Dog if you're tired of listening to tired old Page!

Colin

I am surprised that any one can think of Page as anything less than a great, solid keys player.

I am a keyboard player myself, and am really impressed by him. He steps up to the plate when needed, and falls back when needed too.

Maybe you are listening to different shows than I am...

Phred

Archived