Jambands.ca

Another plane down in NY!

Harpua

?????????

Here's what I have read so far..........

American Airlines jet to Dominican Republic crashes

WASHINGTON, Nov 12 (Reuters) - An American Airlines passenger jet bound for Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republican crashed shortly after takeoff from John F. Kennedy Airport on Monday, the Federal Aviation Administration said.

FAA spokesman William Shumann said American Airlines (AMR.N) Flight 587 crashed five miles from the airport in a residential area of Rockaway, in the Queens borough of New York City.

He had no information on how many passengers were aboard the wide-body Airbus (ARBU.UL) A-300 twin engine passenger, but said the A-300 plane could carry as many as 275 people, depending on its seating configuration. CNN reported the aircraft had 246 people aboard, including 9 crew members.

The crash came almost exactly two months after two hijacked passenger jets crashed into the World Trade Center in New York, but aviation officials said they had no information on the possible cause of Monday's crash.

Shumann said Kennedy Airport had closed after the crash, but he had no information on any additional measures taken to ground airplanes around the country, as was down after the Sept. 11 hijacking attacks on New York and Washington.

"We have no information as to the possible cause of the crash," Shumann told reporters.

He said no decisions had been made on grounding other planes or closing other airports. "All options are open at this time. I'm not ruling out anything at this time, but we have made no decision," Shumann said.

10:15 11-12-01

Giggles grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0

The plane behind it saw the engine smoking, and it then fell off. They also said that planes are designed to loose an engine in flight if they need to. However, at this point, they were at max power, and that is the worst time for

engine failure.

They just showed an engine on the ground on BBC.

I didn't want to tell everyone this in this way but........while in London a few weeks ago with rabidmonkey, false documents, scottieking and yes canned beats I witnessed something that will leave me scarred for quite some time!!!!!!

The last night in London, after the excellent Jomamma show I stayed at canned beats place. The evening had been a blast so far and beats and I decided to play a little music and smoke some reef rockets before going to bed...all was fine. After the music and puff it was bed time, beats went to his room on the top floor and I stayed on the pull-out couch/bed in the living room, next to the kitchen on the main floor of the house. At about 4:26 am. I was awoken by the sound of a "POP" and (in my groggy/stoned/sleepy state) what I thought was metal against glass. It was coming from the kitchen. I slowly crept around the corner to see what was making this racket and a sudden "crunch, crunch, crunch" set me back a couple steps. Frightened I was, but fearing for the saftey of the kind folk who were allowing me the use of their couch/bed, I continued on. Once again I made my way to the edge of the doorway to peek around the corner and saw something HORRIFYING!!!!! shocked.gif" border="0

There, in the corner of the kitchen, wearing only boxers and a non-tied up housecoat was canned beats with two forks madly stabbing away at a half empty jar of pickles!!!! Other assorted jars of empty gherkins, dill's, and baby dill's lay scattered across the floor all around him, a foot long cucumber in the left breast pocket of the nightcoat...looked like the poor things hardly had a chance frown.gif" border="0

I tell you all this now because I believe beats needs help frown.gif" border="0

Scottieking, I believe you may be the closest one available to help beats.....PLEASE DO!!!! Maybe pickleaholic's annonymous.

Beats, I hope you find that happy place and come to the realization that there is a world without pickle consumption...a sad world maybe but you need to lay off the junk, at least for a while.

Giggles grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0

In my experience, people have to find their own ways with these things. Pretty soon the money's gonna run out and Beats will be into stealing other people's pickles at parties, knockin over unsuspecting street meat vendors just for their relish. Sometimes you gotta let 'em hit the bottom....

However, back to the point, plane down, let's hope it's an accident and not a surface to air, bomb or otherwise. Man, the airline industry didn't need this.

By the by Beats, it's OK brother. Despite the pickle problem, from your previous 5/8/77 post (your first, really??? dude, get in touch with me)every little ting gonna be alright.

scottieking