Jambands.ca

Trey sez...

Velvet

I just picked up a guitar magazine with Trey in it. Now, I might be reading a bit between the lines here, but...

Q: How has your playing changed as a result of the Oysterhead experience?

A: I want to leave enough space so you can catch their incredible drumming and bass playing.

Hmmm...is Trey saying he has a problem with Mike and Fishman's playing? I've read a Trey interview before where he said that the band had to learn to play tempo fluxuations because Fishman can't keep the tempo steady. Plus it's weird that Trey got together with Andy Summers, who never heard of either Trey or Les before, and who had never played a song more than four minutes long. (Don't get me wrong, I think Andy rocks)

In this interview, Trey also says, "If I start playing with Phish again, I want to come back with a whole bunch of new ideas, thus making Phish much better."

Cool Trey, when? I think it's time we all stopped holding our breath.

quote:

Originally posted by Velvet:

Plus it's weird that Trey got together with Andy Summers, who never heard of either Trey or Les before, and who had never played a song more than four minutes long. (Don't get me wrong, I think Andy rocks)

I'm thinking you mean to refer to Stewart Copeland here. Andy Summers played guitar with The Police.

In this interview, Trey also says, "If I start playing with Phish again, I want to come back with a whole bunch of new ideas, thus making Phish much better."

Cool Trey, when? I think it's time we all stopped holding our breath.

I'm of the opinion it will be many years before Phish regroups. I keep up with all the recent interviews and - reading between the lines - my speculation is that there are some wounds that have to heal and major issues to be addressed before those four guys hit the road again.

Just my armchair speculation.

Yeah, I uh, I mean um, I spilled Hawaiian Punch on my keyboard and every time I type in Stewart Copeland Andy Summers comes up.

Okay, I'm way lame, the Police are my fave rock band and I even own Andy Summers solo albums and I've seen Mr. Sting about seven times (though not on purpose). As a penance for my error, I've cut off my arm.

Anyone got a band-Aid?

Y'know, even as a little kid I knew that six million dollars was a great deal for all those bionics Steve Austin had. What with inflation being what it is, the only Prosthetic Appendage Advantage© parts I can afford are the belt sander or the Paul Reubens Squish'm Grip.

I'm getting depressed and light-headed.