Jambands.ca

Grateful Dawg released on DVD

SolarGarlic

As I know many of you are interested in this... Grateful Dawg was released yesterday on DVD... it is available at any Chapters.. if they dont have a copy they can order it for u... the price there is 32.98... we receieved 2 at our Oshawa store but only 1 left as i bought one so if anyone is in the area and wants one drop in and say hi...

hey hey! I can order it off of Futureshop.ca for $26.99 ! HOwever, the shipping for DVD's is 5.99, so I'm going to see if I can pick it up at the Futureshop in K-town first. If that fails...I'll just order it, and I'll have it by the end of next week.

Futureshop kicks butt with online purchasing.

The only thing I don't like about the Grateful Dawg DVD release is that it's in " pan-and-scan ". Note: I had Grateful Dawg in my hands today and noticed ( on the back of the box ) that the picture " has been formatted to fit your tv screen ". This may mean that a widescreen version may be released at some point in the near future. I know a lot of the film was shot with a hand-held video camera, but I assume some of the fottage was shot on film ( i.e. with a wider aspect ratio ). Anyway, Sunrise Music has GD on for $30. Bay Video ( in T.O. ) is selling it for under $30 - there are lots of copies at Bay Street ( at Bloor ) Video.

Jaimoe, that does suck.

"VIDEO: "Grateful Dawg" is listed on the back of the DVD's box as being a full-frame presentation, but the actual film itself is presented in 1.66:1 non-anamorphic widescreen. Given the fact that archive footage and other elements were put together for this film, it's understandable that the image quality varies throughout; some older footage appears softer, but the newer performance and interview footage generally looks pleasantly crisp. A little wear and edge enhancement is visible now and then, but overall, this is a very good presentation of the material."

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=3357