Jambands.ca

Bush will win the hearts of all with this

AdamH

Is the plural of Ignoramus Ignorami? Is the singular of Illuminati Illuminatus? Regardles sof the audience this was intended for I think I'm just so far against a faith-based government that seeing quotes like these give me the willies.

Here's another interesting article on a different note...one that's a little more positive:

Powell could do an about-face?

Oh man, I Googled a bit of that text to find out more and check out the first site that came up:

http://www.fastforbush.com/

THAT is the constituency he's aiming at ahess, and don't think it's crazy 'cus a lot of people think like this, especially in the States.

In fact, I remember myself and bald guy in a blanket (BradM might have been with us too, although we may have been split up at the time I don't remember) ran into a some folks in the parking lot at Deer Creek last summer. One girl was a nurse, an otherwise extremely liberal and obviously intelligent person. And we were having a conversation about medicare and this and that, and it got 'round to talking about Bush, and she said something like "well, no matter what else you think of him, I believe in him as a leader because he has faith in Jesus." And these are folks in the parking lot of a Phish concert in Indiana (I think they were actually from outside Chicago), not right-wing southern Baptists or something.

Peace,

- Mr. M.

That's one painful website. I'm depressed by the state of affairs down south, exacerbated by reading a book by Howard Zinn (the People's History of the United States) that my co-worker lent me. Shall I go kill myself? Or shall I use my American citizenship for good somehow? Suggestions?

That's one painful website. I'm depressed by the state of affairs down south, exacerbated by reading a book by Howard Zinn (the People's History of the United States) that my co-worker lent me. Shall I go kill myself? Or shall I use my American citizenship for good somehow? Suggestions?

Live your life the way you want, in a place that makes you happy; don't lose contact with friends and relatives in the USA: remember, they've living down there because they feel that's what'll make them happy.

To use your citizenship for good, try to use your relationships to funnel good Canadianness* down to them and let them know what their closest neighbour (economic, social, cultural) thinks of them. Invite them up (e.g., during Winterlude, or the Tulip Festival, or on Canada Day weekend) to show them how much better their country can be. Try starting a blog ("An American in Canada") detailing your experiences and the differences (and similarities!) you've noticed between the USA and Canada.

Aloha,

Brad

* Try to refute that "Canuckistan" crap the Buchanan is spouting, for instance: a society can take care of its own, with socialized medicine, liberal social policies, etc., and still survive, and thrive, quite nicely in the world.

Really, what is the difference these days between the Middle East and the US? Both are engaged in terrorist actions (one is overt, the other covert), both have prudish attitudes towards sexuality (especially of the female form), both are reeling in civil liberties at an alarming rate and both are aggressing towards each other under some holy mission, except here again the Middle East's approach is explicit and the US's implicit.

I know I'm generalizing - there are huge differences - but they're really not as far apart as one might think.

www.prayforbush.com

bush_candles.jpg

While many politicians flaunt their "faith" and claim to be Christians, not as many live their faith, with Jesus Christ living in them. We believe George W. Bush is a man after God's own heart. He is a man who lives in Christ, and obeys God. Like King David, he is not perfect, but he is repentant, humble, and full of the mighty courage that results from trusting the Lord. We believe George W. Bush is a merciful gift from the Lord to an undeserving people. We ask you to join us in constant prayer for our President, his family, his administration, and his country. Constant prayer... urgent prayer... prayer that brings revival to America.

And even Scarier

"For though we live in the world, we are not carrying out a worldly war,

for the weapons of our warfare are not worldly

but have divine power to destroy strongholds."

2 Corinthians 10:3

This really pisses me off. I was raised fairly strict Protestant and it has taken me so long to get my father to realize what an evil man Bush is...he liked him so blindly for the pure fact that he would quote scripture and profess to be Christian...without even questioning or researching anything that the man has done.

It truly bothers me that he hides behind this "god-fearing" persona, spouting about the "evil-doers" and the "axis of evil" when he is actually taking part in so many evil things...puppet or not, he is apart of it. It is that sort of shit that makes my dad like him all over again. Frustrating indeed!!