Jambands.ca

Codetalkers

Super Freak

Codetalkers, I'm still abuzz. Just going through my board tape now....there transfered to digital! Wondering why nobody asked me for a board feed??? I took my feed off the compressor and oh boy! Yum. A little distorted in a couple spots ( cos I was driving the snot out of the board) so I'd love to here another taper's ambient results from that night. Drop me a cd at PJ's if you can. I only have a few tunes because of stupid 60min cassettes and most tunes were over 15 minutes long except for the one tune which was cut short due to some moron in the crowd who kept shouting "Boring" in the quiet parts. I'm sorry people, but I must have a wee rant here, forgive me...Tyler took offence to that, and never did this amazing drum solo which he told me after was going to include some insanity which would have included Ted the bassist! So thanks to the idiot who thinks he needs to be the center of attention despite anything else going on around him. You disrupted the show, and acted shameful in the face of legends. Now you're on tape as an idiot. Nice.

I didn't hear that at all. Everyone I spoke to thought it was awesome. Maybe they were being sarcastic(still not cool, but people say silly things when they drink sometimes).

I heard him, clear as a bell. He did it a few times during the night, but I kind of had the impression that he was well known to the band, because I thought someone in the band (drummer, maybe?) made a joke about it and called the guy by name right afterwards.

Whoever the dude was, I'd certainly never seen him around before, anyway.

i was pretty bitter at the "boring" fucker. the drummer was my favorite part. i think the moron was just there to see people masturbate their guitars.

ok this show was pretty good, but i was expecting to be wowed.

i liked Rodger's lead playing a lot more than Jimmy Herring's. jazzier. Jimmy's a great player but he has no soul or distinctive style. he just fits in nicely to whatever is going on. don't get me wrong thats an awesome trait, but it dooms him to being a sideman or hired gun studio man. it was really cool to see him play and everything because he's really good and all, but if i see the chodetalkers again, i'd rather see them guestless.

two cents

overall great show, everyone had a good time, band and audience, and some good balls to the wall bluesies.

So thanks to the idiot who thinks he needs to be the center of attention despite anything else going on around him. You disrupted the show, and acted shameful in the face of legends. Now you're on tape as an idiot. Nice.

I'm real sorry for ruining your good time DES.