Chris Drury (Buffalo),

Mark Parrish (Long Island),

Brian Rolston (Minnesota),

Scott Gomez (New Jersey)

HEAD COACH: Peter Laviolette

GENERAL MANAGER: Don Waddell

I predict GOLD. For Canada!

AD

We know at least one American player that will be cheering for Canada.

Kings centre Roenick accuses USA Hockey of "blackballing" him

Veteran Jeremy Roenick said he wasn't surprised he was left off the United States Olympic hockey team announced on Monday, but not because he's lost a step after 17 NHL seasons.

Roenick sounded off against USA Hockey Monday after his Los Angeles Kings earned a 4-3 shootout victory over Vancouver Canucks, saying he was left off the team "because (USA Hockey has) been blackballing me since September." The 36-year-old centre called American hockey officials "disrespectful" and was clearly bitter with their decision.

He clearly seemed fired up in Monday's game, scoring and adding an assist in the first period.

"I think they were holding the fact I haven't played in the last two World Cups against me. I'm a lot better player than my points indicate," said Roenick, who has six goals and seven assists in 32 games this season. "I'm one of the guys that have gotten the USA to where it is today."

Roenick was on the American team that finished second to Canada at the 2002 Olympics in Salt Lake City, and was also on the 1998 team that finished out of the medals in Nagano, Japan.

He thought American officials would choose him for the Turin Games out of respect for his previous tenures with the team.

"To not have the opportunity to go back one more time and try and win the gold is obviously, in my opinion, very disrespectful," said Roenick, who has 1,133 points in 1,156 career regular season games. "They can beat me down and say I'm over the hill or say that I don't have it anymore, but to me I know that I do."

Los Angeles teammate Craig Conroy, who did make the USA team, said he's disappointed Roenick wasn't selected.

"He's been a big part of USA hockey for a long time," said Conroy, 34. "It's surprising. He's kind of synonymous with USA hockey."

Conroy's selection is the first time he's made the U.S. Olympic team, although he did play in the 2004 World Cup.

"I thought maybe I had a chance last time so I didn't want to get too excited, but I was pretty happy when I heard my name," said Conroy, who's from Potsdam, N.Y.

Roenick was pleased Conroy made the team, but couldn't resist a parting shot at the U.S. officials, saying he had nothing to prove to the American hockey brass.

"There's nobody on the Olympic team that's scored more points than I have, who's had a career like I've had in terms of physicality and putting points on the board and being a leader," said the Boston native.