Jambands.ca

jon stewart

kookycanooky

I got his book, "Naked Pictures of Famous people," from my girlfriend for X-Mas and I gotta say its pretty damn dissapointing. I wasnt even gonna say anything, but then she read a bit of it too and was like, "Have you read any of this? Its pretty lame." The jokes are about out-dated celebrities and are all-round not funny. Just thought Id give you the heads up. And honey, if your reading this, I really liked the present, you couldnt have known ;)

I got his book, "Naked Pictures of Famous people," from my girlfriend for X-Mas and I gotta say its pretty damn dissapointing. I wasnt even gonna say anything, but then she read a bit of it too and was like, "Have you read any of this? Its pretty lame." The jokes are about out-dated celebrities and are all-round not funny. Just thought Id give you the heads up. And honey, if your reading this, I really liked the present, you couldnt have known ;)

Interesting, but in fairness to the "out-dated" comment, the book came out in 1999.

Oh, I didnt even realize that. BUT, These "celebs", are from all over the last century. For instance, there's a completely made up conversation between Gerald Ford and his contemporaries that just shows how dumb the guy was. Does anyone really care anymore? (If they ever even did in the first place?)

The Jon Stewart Show was a syndicated late night talk show that ran from 1993-95. I watched it quite a bit in the day. It was pretty funny if not extremely dry. Jon was even more self-deprecating back then, particularly because no one knew who the hell he was and why he had his own talk show.

There's one fact that will always be a black mark for me regarding Stewart: The Jon Stewart Show was responsible for breaking Our Lady Peace in the US. Stewart played Naveed all the time when he threw to break, then he eventually had the band on the show.

The Jon Stewart Show was a syndicated late night talk show that ran from 1993-95. I watched it quite a bit in the day. It was pretty funny if not extremely dry. Jon was even more self-deprecating back then, particularly because no one knew who the hell he was and why he had his own talk show.

There's one fact that will always be a black mark for me regarding Stewart: The Jon Stewart Show was responsible for breaking Our Lady Peace in the US. Stewart played Naveed all the time when he threw to break, then he eventually had the band on the show.

Nice Signature :) That Badhams guy is an idiot ;)

our lady peace is even less successful in the states than the hip ...

our lady peace is even less successful in the states than the hip ...

That is not true at all... unfortunately. Our Lady Peace has sold millions of albums in the States. By comparison' date=' The Hip haven't even come close to gold status south of the border.[/quote']

the last stats that i saw had only gravity going gold in the US, but I can't seem to find them or otherwise back them up ... i'm not trying to be a dink about it or anything, i just thought they had gone the way of most canadian rock bands.

anyone able to dig up some stats to end our bitter feud?

back on topic: jon stewart = funny as all gitout