Jambands.ca

Bex

Davey Boy 2.0

Well it'll be interesting to see where he ends up next. Apparently he's not happy being on the bench at Real and he's publicly stated that he never wants to play for any English lcub other than ManU. He's also made mention of wanting to play in the US, but I would hazard a guess that he meant later on, in his twilight years (if at all), not while he still has something to contribute to a 'serious' team.

Anyone want to speculate as to where he'll be, post-Madrid?

I'll go out on a limb and say that somehow he'll be in London next, possibly with Spurs (logic being that they're "fashionable" enough to accomodate the beckhamseses and have a modicum of chance to be successful if they get things straightened out and they seem to have money as well. longshot but we'll see)

we could make this slightly more interesting if there's any takers

ya, this is a good question ! poor becks..

i think he'll stay until the end of the year . That said, when the transfer window opens its going to be mayham ..

If he does come back to the u.k. I will predict "Newcastle" .

its really hard to say, like someone said earlier, i don't think becks really thought he wouldn't get in the starting 11 this point in his career ! :crazy:

... and whatever diggzz says, i say the opposite . :P

hey i hope he comes back to the prem, that means more camera focus on posh and her nice baby feeders .

oh and m.o.b.e -- i don't think he'll go to an German club.. you know that German/English hatred.

Edited by Guest

hey thanks davey boy for the website.. oddly enough I never check out that site, pretty much stay on skysports.com / premiershipleague.com

hey m.o.b.e did i ask you before if u played any footy around oshawa ?

Liverpool vs undefeated Villa this weekend..

Reds need a result here davey boy ????? :blush:

Man U / Bolton will be a good one . (draw) no i take that back, no matter how much i hate united, ole might just get another winner !!!

oh and F.U Diggzzzzzz

Edited by Guest

Martin Jol must be fucked. Edgar Davids and Beckham, why not have Gazza try for comeback too. Spurs change room could be let out as an off hours football history museum.

SPURS BOSS CONSIDERS BECKHAM BID

Posted 28/10/06 23:24EmailPrintSave

Tottenham boss Martin Jol has admitted he may consider a bid for David Beckham.

The former England captain has yet to sign a new contract at Real Madrid and admits he is frustrated at his lack of action this season after the arrival of new manager Fabio Capello.

The 31-year-old has been used largely as a substitute and missed the match with newly-promoted Gimnastic Tarragona because of injury.

There has been increasing speculation of interest in Beckham from America's Major League Soccer but Jol admits he may consider a move to bring the player to White Hart Lane.

Jol told The Mail on Sunday: "I'll sit down and have a think about it.

"We are well covered on the flanks already. It's a difficult one.

"We've got Wayne Routledge, although he is on loan, plus Hossam Ghaly and Aaron Lennon."

WELL, WELL :

Celtic boss Gordon Strachan is considering an audacious bid to lure David Beckham away from Real Madrid.

Beckham has grown frustrated with his lot in the Spanish capital, with new Real chief Fabio Capello preferring Jose Antonio Reyes on the right-hand side of midfield.

have placed a number of managers on red alert.

Spurs chief Martin Jol said on Saturday that he would fancy bringing Beckham to White Hart Lane, but the Dutchman could face competition from north of the border.

"I have David's telephone number," Strachan told The Sunday Telegraph.

"He is a wonderful player who is very fit and could play at the highest level for another three years.

"I know he would not go to another club in England."

Ya, not a chance, don't think becks will go to scotland myself... :thumbdown:

• 2 weeks later...

David Beckham's ambition to finish his career in the USA could arrive sooner than expected after American side the Los Angeles Galaxy confirmed their interest in the former England captain.

The Galaxy are keeping tabs on Beckham's protracted contract negotiations with Real Madrid and may launch a bid if he fails to agree a new deal.

The 31-year-old's current contract runs out at the end of the season and he will be allowed to speak to other clubs from January 1 if he has not put pen to paper on a new two-year deal.

Real Madrid sporting director Predrag Mijatovic believes Beckham is biding his time to see if he regains a regular starting spot before making his decision.

The Galaxy view themselves as the glamour club of Major League Soccer and Alexi Lalas, the former US international defender who is president and general manager, confirmed their interest.

Lalas told BBC Sport: "A move for Beckham is not something we need to discuss at this point because he's under contract with Real.

"But if that changes, and there's an opportunity, of course we'd be interested.

"There are thousands of clubs out there that would love to have a player of his calibre and the Los Angeles Galaxy is certainly one of them.

"For many people the Los Angeles Galaxy are looked upon as the jewel of MLS. We play in the best stadium, we have had incredible success over the history of the league and we have had great individual players and great teams. There is a tradition of excellence."

Beckham played against the Galaxy in Real's pre-season tour in 2005, and has a football academy in Los Angeles. In April he said: "I've one year left at Real, and maybe two more after that, but things can change in football and the American league does interest me.

"I want to be part of a country that is passionate about sport. I've got my academy in LA which is important to me because that is my life after the game."

The Galaxy's owner, sports conglomerate Anschutz Entertainment Group, has a close relationship with Beckham and his academy shares a home with the club.

There is a salary cap in the MLS but Lalas believes those rules are about to be relaxed.

Lalas added: "We recognise that when opportunities that will benefit the entire league come along we have to be able to make adjustments.

"I feel that going forward there will be the ability for the individual teams to do something like this."

Beckham's final decision could be influenced by the lack of first-team action he has had this season, with new coach Fabio Capello often using the midfielder as a substitute.

Mijatovic said: "We want to renew his contract and meetings with his representative have taken place.

"For our part there is no problem, but we also need to listen to the player.

"He has had bad luck in not winning any titles during his three years (at Real), and he is a little disappointed because he does not play as much as he would like, but we cannot guarantee a starting place to anybody.

"He is a footballer who generates a lot of income. No player is given more privileges just because they have a higher contract.

"He wants to continue (at the club), but also wants to play. He wants to have more time before making a decision in order to see if he regains his starting place.

"I believe that in the end he will remain here, because the current atmosphere in this team gives him guarantees that something beautiful can happen."

Beckham, who played the last 25 minutes of Sunday's 2-1 home defeat to Celta Vigo, could return to the Real starting line-up for Thursday's Copa del Rey second leg with Ecija.