Jambands.ca

Roll Call: John Butler Trio, Wed. May 30th

Baj

i just tried ticketmaster and there are no tix available

Rotate This website still lists the show @ $21.50/ticket

I wonder if the show has sold-out !?

A sold-out show at the Phoenix will not be pleasant in this heat.

Stephen Marley was waaaaay over crowded

Too bad it wasn't at Molson Amp. tonight...great evening for an outdoor show

have fun everyone :)

Ticketmaster usually stops selling tix for shows on the day of by a certain time (especially when the box office isn't 'connected' to their computer system). There are probably tix left at some of the record stores, and at the box office. Might be worth calling the Phoenix.

Edited by Guest

Wow!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

What a show!!! :o

I'm hungover........

that pretty much sums it up :P ha

I was so impressed by what these 3 brought !!! So many great different sounds and change ups for every song. I a little foggy right now(ok ALOT) but I think it was "take a step outside" they play right before the encore...man they jammed it out so sweet...even a drum solo for about 5mins and then them all finishing it off...great great show !!! Anyone that has a chance to catch these guys definately should not miss the chance.

Thanks KanadaKev you fucking ROCK !!! Till next time :)

Wicked show last night. Talk about bang for your buck!

Gotta love a solid trio. They are all such important pieces in the sounds and textures that they come up with. The Australian/New Zealand influence is present and provides for a sound that is fresh.

I think that we were all blown away by the drummer last night. Talk about a musician who was ON. He (Michael Barker) can really mix it up.

Living in a fog today. Great times last night. Thanks!

Sorry we missed meeting up with you guys-we ran late coming from Collingwood.

Solid show.Pure solid muscianship.I'm not crazy about alot of the new album but it was definetley well performed.

Ocean was intensely beautiful.It's the first JBT tune I ever heard years ago and remains my favorite.John Butler, a guitar, loop pedals=full,intense command of sound and audience.

The bass players solo at the end was AWESOME!!!

HOWEVER....

I can only stomach so many audience handclapping singalong sessions AND I'm just not the kind of person who can stand a packed house of a pseudo DMB audience chanting ANY phrase,lyric or otherwise, that contains any of the words "peace", "love" or"unity".Nausea.

Also people taking thirty fucking pictures a minute of themselves having a super animated "experience" makes me feel vicious.

But still.......great show.

Also people taking thirty fucking pictures a minute of themselves having a super animated "experience" makes me feel vicious.

You really should write lyrics!! I find the image this sentence creates for me, quite entertaining.

Thanks for upping those clips. Get to relive a little bit of that great show :) :) :)

btw - as far as Phoenix shows go, the security was totally laid back (at least around where we were) and the entry search was non-existent! We had no probs burning a couple down inside either (which got me booted from SCI there once ... but then I got back in )

Brad that was the one! I got hoofed out after lighting up (after one warning by a little security dude) upstairs on the balcony. I didn't put up a fuss when the giant goon meatheads tapped me on the shoulder and told me to leave. I wasn't going to give them any reason to use force. I walked out to the front door, where I was hoping they wouldn't then proceed to pound me. I waited about 10mins, then walked back in :) :) :)

After the show they tried to kick me out of the show again (just clearing the venue). Luckily, I was hangin' with JonO (soundman for SCI) and we just went backstage to join the party .