Jambands.ca

EPL 2007-2008 Season

MattyC

How nice of you all to amuse yourselves with me in my absence. ;)

I'm not worried. Spurs had a horrible start last year and lost the home Everton match 2-0 to a ten man team. Derby looked brutal but hopefully that was the spark to get the season righted. Playing a reeling ManU on Sunday should help. And it's in HD!

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

England sucks balls, get over it get used to it.

In other news, ;) This is why a full time Euro Super League needs to exist and not just Champions League or UEFA Cup. It makes sense for the big market teams to go off together.

574690_mediumsquare.jpg

Madrid spending soars to record high

Thursday 23 August 2007

Real Madrid CF's spending this summer was confirmed as reaching the €119m mark – a record for Spanish football – as the club presented their latest arrivals Gabriel Heinze and Arjen Robben today.

Double figures

The Spanish champions have recruited ten players as they plan for a new era under German coach Bernd Schuster, surpassing in the process the previous record spree of €84m by neighbours Club Atlético de Madrid. Netherlands winger Robben hopes to play a key role in the club's future and, speaking in Spanish, the 23-year-old said that it was a "dream come true" to join Madrid.

Robben optimism

"From today, I'm a Real Madrid player and I hope that together we can win lots of trophies," said Robben, who has signed a five-year deal after completing his estimated €36m switch from Chelsea FC. Argentina left-back Heinze, 29, has accepted a four-year contract as he comes in from Manchester United FC in a €12m transfer. The move takes him back to the country where he began his European career with Real Valladolid a decade ago and comes after United blocked his desired switch to Liverpool FC. "I never thought this would be where I would end up, but I'm very happy," said Heinze.

©uefa.com 1998-2007. All rights reserved.

The only thing Spurs did wrong today was not getting a goal. If they had finished even one of those Man United would have never held that game. Sure ManU is a good team but they've lost that fear they instilled in other teams and until they get that back they are vulnerable to anyone. It just wasn't Spurs day. They got robbed of those penalties too.

I just found this and died laughing.

n662975645_450798_8541.jpg

Pretty sure Nicholson wrote the same column last year but I still like it.

Get Naked With The League Cup...

It's puzzling why more fans don't embrace these early rounds. This is a route to Wembley and to the UEFA Cup next season. However, the stats also show that only a minority of fans are actually bothered about the UEFA Cup in the early stages as well. Sometimes I wonder what fans do want. What's the point in not supporting your club in the League Cup? Let me say it again, your team (if its' not one of the usual top four) can't win the league, that only leaves the cups. Have fans given up on winning anything these days? Maybe they've just bought the received wisdom that the trophy isn't important or maybe they're replete with so much Premier League football on TV to care. If so, it's a shame. There's much more to football than that.

Theres a few big games just getting ready to go. Rangers are at Red Star and if they lose there will be big shit at Ibrox. Liverpool have a big job too with 1-0 agg and they are without Carra and Gerrard. Arsehole are 2-0 going to Prague and looking a long and rough 90 minutes to hold on. I can't believe Wenger balked at Adriano, he wouldnt have been there in time but they could sure use a player with his experience.

I just noticed Liverpool have the referee, Wolfgang Stark, that ruined the Chile/Argentina game in the u20 WC.

Edited by Guest

90+4 mins: It's all over and Rangers have done it! They've produced a superb defensive display tonight and thoroughly deserve their place in the group stages of the Champions League. Nacho Novo's late goal in the first leg at Ibrox has proved the difference between the sides.