Jambands.ca

EPL 2007-2008 Season

MattyC

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you call it ass when you haven't even seen it then?

I wasnt talking about the Score and answered the question at hand. What is shown in HD obviously is not shot in HD.

I'm intrigued to see EPL on The Score HD if it looks good' date=' that is for sure.[/quote']

HD on The Score looks good when they actually show it. Some of the soccer looks great, but it's not consistent. The streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetch digital feed is still always around.

I cleared this up with Andre last night, but just to be clear one more time... I am referring ONLY to the 11 AM Sunday EPL game on The Score (sometimes pushed back to noon).

My comments apply to NONE of the other programming on The Score, which is generally really bad.

I cleared this up with Andre last night, but just to be clear one more time... I am referring ONLY to the 11 AM Sunday EPL game on The Score (sometimes pushed back to noon).

My comments apply to NONE of the other programming on The Score, which is generally really bad.

And another thing to make you mad: The Score is broadcasting March Madness.

Good news for me...no Henry? Ibrhim Hemdani should be back for Rangers too which is a big boost and if Darcheville can pass fit or declare himself fit we(Rangers) will be giants killers at the Nou Camp...bank on it.

Former Arsenal striker Thierry Henry's involvement in Barcelona's Champions League clash with Rangers is in doubt.

The France international has suffered an Achilles injury and has been ruled out of Thursday's Primera Liga match against Valladolid.

Henry is also rated as doubtful for the weekend game against Real Betis, and Wednesday's Group E encounter against Walter Smith's Rangers.

The Spanish side are currently level on points with the Scots following the 0-0 stalemate at Ibrox, and Frank Rijkaard is unwilling to risk his star striker in the matches leading up to what promises to be a gruelling test.

As the manager of Chelsea he heard far worse on the football terraces. But a schoolboy's taunts have finally pushed Jose Mourinho over the edge.

The self-proclaimed 'Special One' flew into a rage when his 11-year-old daughter told him about playground jibes that he was not "the best", it has been revealed.

He found the culprit, a 12-year-old schoolboy, and held him by the hair while he "pulled" his ears, the Portuguese newspaper Correio da Manha reported.

Mr Mourinho, 44, was then summoned before the headmistress and made to formally apologise to his tearful victim and his family.

Shocked witnesses said the drama unfolded when the former Chelsea boss went to pick up his daughter Matilde from her £6,500-a-year bilingual school in Setubal, near Lisbon, yesterday afternoon.

One told how he watched Mr Mourinho grab Pedro Antonio and hand out his unorthodox dressing-down, and said he was left "speechless".

Isabel Simao, the headmistress of St Peter's School, said it had followed a row between the boy and Matilde Mourinho.

She said: "From what I can gather it was just a typical children's row with children's words. She claimed her dad was the best but the boy said he wasn't. It was as simple as that."

But Mrs Simao was forced to step in after seeing Mr Mourinho's furious reaction.

"I saw Mr Mourinho grabbing the child's arm,' she said. "There was no physical assault in the literal sense of the term. Pedro cried a bit at first and seemed frightened but we calmed him down.

"I asked him several times if Mr Mourinho had punched or kicked him and he denied it. But I knew that Mr Mourinho had also grabbed his hair, as the child has long hair.

"He was upset about what happened, he is after all a 12-year-old boy, but he accepted the apology."

Mrs Simao said she called Mr Mourinho and the boy's family to a meeting before the school board and said the world famous football manager presented a formal apology to the boy, his parents and the school.

Spanish paper in open letter to Rangers fans ('hope your blood pressure's alright MOBE)

PLEASE, DON'T EVER COME BACK AGAIN

Dear Rangers supporters- never come back to Barcelona again. And not because your players themselves aren’t a legitimate team. No, it’s not because of that- the Nou Camp frequently hosts teams who are lazy, boring, who only defend, who run and kick their opponents, and who shouldn’t be in elite competition. On top of this, Rangers merely defend, run at the opposition and play dirty. Their defenders are butchers, their midfielders, heavy-footed; and their strikers just stand there like the furniture.

But even apart from the footballing aspect, the best thing would be for Rangers never to return to Barcelona, because every time they do, they make a mess of the place. 35 years ago, you (the Rangers supporters) destroyed the seats at the Nou Camp. This time we have enjoyed no less than 48 hours of brawls, provocation, rackets, fights and common drunk women throughout the whole city, which you have fouled however you pleased.

Stay at home and vomit in your own living-room, urinate in your sitting-room corners, fight with your neighbours, the Celtic supporters (who deserve a prize just for putting up with you) and foul the streets of Glasgow instead. Don’t come back here again, because it is not a laughing matter. And, by extension, don’t play in the Champions’ League either. You are not at that level neither in a sporting nor human sense.

There are noisy groups of supporters who, although they drink vast amounts of beer, make friends at the same time. But you? Not you, because everywhere you go, you turn into a rubbish tip. You are undesirables. And so are those who fraudulently sell, or “rent out†their tickets. These people screw Barca over, because they trade their season tickets illegally. And in doing this they cause massive annoyance for other members of the club. A true Barcelona fan would not re-sell their ticket for the match. If you are not going to the match, give it to a family member, or you could even use the 'Seient Lliure' service (an automated ticket service used by some Spanish clubs including Barcelona).

From now on, the responsibility lies with UEFA and the club itself to ensure who the ticket is sold to. The best thing for all of us would be that you as a supporter, in a moment of lucidity, decide not to travel if you do not have tickets. As that is never going to happen, those who sell the tickets illegally must be brought to justice. But the best thing would be if we never had to play Rangers again.

(Printed in El Mundo, 8/11/2007)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...