Jambands.ca

I think this job is making me jaded.

StoneMtn

Today, I got a call from my receptionist to come out and get something that was delivered to me.

As I accepted this colourful gift-bag, I was thinking, "Hey, am I being served with a Statement of Claim commencing some sort of lawsuit against me, contained in this pretty bag?"

(It was a baby-gift; and I am clearly paranoid.)

jaded

1. Worn out, wearied, or lacking enthusiasm; exhausted.

2. Cynically insensitive; made callous by experience.

I teach at a private college. In the past year four of my pay-cheques from that college have bounced. (it just happened again!)

I teach there six days a week. I am professional and well liked by my students. Yet, I feel under appreciated and completely taken advantage of by the director of the school. I want to hang in there and continue to build on my teaching career, but I am at my ropes end with that f...ing place.

sorry..this thread was just the invite I was looking for to vent my frustration.

talk about being..made callous by experience

sorry..this thread was just the invite I was looking for to vent my frustration.

talk about being..made callous by experience

I just got done bitching to my boss about all the slackers in our office because I'm just about at my ropes end. The sponsorship scandal is a drop in the bucket compared to the money that's wasted on a daily basis in the federal government.

"Made callous by experience" should be the public service motto.

Is any of your places of work hiring?

haha...well, I'm ready to quit!

how's your mandarin?

ever taught welding before?

most of my students don't speak English very well (if at all)

if you have the tolerance and patience of a mountain and don't care if you get paid or not, then Stanford International College is for you!

starhead, I know how you love teaching welding, but let me tell you, the field is in real big need of qualified welders right now. There's money to be had over the next few years. They're calling retiree's back to work. Most of my jobs the last year have been filled with travel cards and permits.

I might go for my flux core CWB next week so I can weld on the job I'm on. We're welding belly bands to seal in giant stainless flasks.

Hahaha

I would love to serve people this way, good thing this was posted after I got out of insolvency....

In all seriousness, I will definitely be serving someone that way some day. There were a couple of evasive Defendants in Whistler who would have fallen for it. (Frankly, if I had thought of this idea before, about six weeks ago I would have served a politician that way, who was being evasive. It would have been hilarious when it hit the news. Next time.)