02.Deal-4>*

03.Recreational Chemistry

Encore:

04.Johnny Lineup-5

*w/Johnny Hickman

1 Last time played was 5/5/2007, 105 shows ago

2 Last time played was 5/2/2007, 108 shows ago

3 Last time played was 7/27/2006, 199 shows ago, with Johnny Hickman on guitar

4 Last time played was 10/22/2006, 168 shows ago, with Johnny Hickman on vocals, harmonica, and guitar

5 Last time played was 1/10/2007, 157 shows ago

Monkeys On Ecstasy at the Aggie

moe. played a surprise show at Fort Collins, CO’s Aggie Theatre last night under the pseudonym Monkeys On Ecstasy. The gig featured a number of songs the group has not played in well over a year, including “Don't Fuck With Flo†(5/5/2007), “Interstellar Overdrive†(5/2/2007), Camper Van Beethoven’s “Good Guys and Bad Guys†(7/27/2006) and the Grateful Dead’s “Deal†(10/22/2006). The latter two songs also featured Cracker/Camper Van Beethoven's Johnny Hickman, first on guitar and later on guitar and harmonica. The members of moe. are longtime Cracker fans and regularly covered the group’s hit “Low†for years. At the end of the night, moe. returned for the lone encore of “Johnny Lineup,†which had been shelved since January 10, 2007. moe.’s tour will continue this evening at Council Bluffs, IA’s Whiskey Roadhouse.

I don't think that was actually billed as a Monkeys on Ecstacy show fwiw. It was the night after the Toronto Furthur show. moe.'s contract with furthur stipulated that they could not do any solo shows during that tour (that might compete with furthur for fans). So they did this show with zero advertising. IIRC the marquee outside the venue just said something like special guests. I remember running into Rob during the Furthur show and he was surprised that I had heard about the Buffalo show. I knew the right people at the time - including, then soundman, Brendan's best friend in NJ. The same dude introduced me to moe. a few years earlier.

That Broadway Joe's show just went on and on. I remember Kev and I waiting for it to end so we could start the drive home. I was surprised that the band played that long as they had to drive to Harrisburgh right after for the next day's Furthur show.

I don't think that was actually billed as a Monkeys on Ecstacy show fwiw. It was the night after the Toronto Furthur show. moe.'s contract with furthur stipulated that they could not do any solo shows during that tour (that might compete with furthur for fans). So they did this show with zero advertising. IIRC the marquee outside the venue just said something like special guests. I remember running into Rob during the Furthur show and he was surprised that I had heard about the Buffalo show. I knew the right people at the time - including, then soundman, Brendan's best friend in NJ. The same dude introduced me to moe. a few years earlier.

That Broadway Joe's show just went on and on. I remember Kev and I waiting for it to end so we could start the drive home. I was surprised that the band played that long as they had to drive to Harrisburgh right after for the next day's Furthur show.

Al, you're probably right. I seem to recall that I had a picture of the marquee. It's at home "somewhere." ;)

I didn't go to the next Monkeys show there in 1999, but it was a long one too and ended at 4am!!!

Brendan used to do the sound for moe. I think he stopped around 1999 or 2000 as he wanted to spend more time at home. That was when they still allowed board patches. The guy I knew was Andy N., who started an artist management company a few years ago. I can't remember his company's name. Tom Marshall might be involved as I recall they were friends.

I was at that 97 show too! It was July 10, 1997 right after the Furthur show in Toronto July 9, 1997.......

I have it from a DAUDII source on some kick ass Maxell XLII90's, that is how long ago that one was!!!!!

I'll never forget Furthur Toronto>My Parents Basement> The Anchor Bar> Broadway Joes> Adams Mark> Darien Furthur. Great jam if I remember correctly, which I don't for sure!!!!