Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This ones for you Roller.

I had to laugh yesterday morning when a blogger wrote: "I'm not going to sugarcoat it. Mike Komisarek signing with the Leafs for $2 million more than the Canadiens supposedly offered is an absolutely swift kick in the pants to the Habs and their fans."

Nonsense. The name of the game is professional hockey and that suggests the players are paid for their effort. The blogger might not think that an extra $2 million (with a more advantageous tax structure) is significant but that's why free agency exists today.

And from the same article is a signing I wouldnt mind seeing Gainey make at all....we all know my love for the Dandy Man.

Mathieu Dandenault told La Presse he has some interest from the Bruins, but he's hoping the Canadiens will give him a call this summer as they search for a seventh defenceman. The Canadiens tried to dump an unhappy Dandenault at the trading deadline, but they were glad to have him down the stretch when he played his best hockey of the season while shuttling between forward position and defence.

Guest Low Roller

UFA Philippe Boucher said that he would love to play for the Habs. He won the Cup with the Pens this past season and made $2.5M.

Dandy turned down an offer from the Bruins in hopes that Gainey will give him a call. I don't know whether that was a smart move by Dandy to turn down an offer, however his dedication to the Habs despite a couple of difficult seasons is admirable. I have a soft spot in my heart for loyalty, and that's why I'm depressed that guys like Koivu (13 seasons) and Bouillon (10 seasons) were treated like a commodity by the organization.

Marc Denis most likely done with the Habs. He doesn't want to go back to the AHL, and the Habs need to start moving goalies up their development ladder.

Olivier Latendresse did not receive a qualifying offer from the Habs. So much for a second pair of brothers playing for the Habs (purple, sorta).

Guest Low Roller

Plex going for arbitration.

Why? He had a terrible season, and a terrible playoff the year before where he called himself "a girl". Just shut the fuck up and take the contract as given.

Okay, you know what, paying a fucking floater for a single year is probably the best way of getting the most out of the guy.

If it happens and it's only for a single year, I could live with it but it still makes me feel dirty. Really I would have rather seen Camalarri in Sens uniform.

Kovalev would be great for Scotia Boring Place because he can get people flying out of their seats on a whim........the problem is he may disappear for long stretches. Fuck, that guy is talented which makes it tough for fans when he isnt into the game.

As for the signing of that former Flame in MTL he will now be on the seafood line:

Calamari and the 2 shrimps

Guest Low Roller

Our defensive core is looking pretty meek at this point. I'm concerned by this.

1- Markov: We need him to play 20+ mins per game plus powerplay and to generally be the fucking man again.

2- Spacek: Apparently a great puck mover, quick first pass, and a blast from the point. Played 20+ mins per game with Buffalo last season.

3- Hamrlik: Started to fade last season as he is getting old but definitely played error-free hockey.

That's where the good ends and the hmmmm begins.

4- O'Byrne: Man, talk about a guy who lost all his confidence last season. Hopefully he gets his shit back together and plays like the big bruiser he's supposed to be.

5- Hal Gill: We laughed at Toronto when they signed him, we treated it like a depth move when he signed in Pittsburgh, and we panicked when he signed with Montreal. This is my biggest concern of Gainey's recent signing.

The remaining positions will be filled by a prospect. Here are the options.

P.K. Subban: Did great in junior, but will have to learn that he can't join the rush all the time in the NHL. Most likely bound for Hamilton.

Mathieu Carle: Most pro experience, but never played an NHL game due to suffering major injuries two pre-seasons in a row. Longshot.

Yannick Weber: Played some games last year, and even scored one of the rare goals in the playoffs. Has a blast from the point. Most likely candidate?

Gainey is going to have to bite the bullet and resign either Bouillon or Schneider I think given the above crop to add some grit and experience.

3- Hamrlik: Started to fade last season as he is getting old but definitely played error-free hockey.

WHAAAAAAAAAT? Yup, you didnt watch a single minute of the Habs last year. Confirmed.

By the way, Josh Gorges called (remember him? You ranted and raved how Gainey was brilliant for stealing him in the Rivet trade) and wants your mother charged with 'shaken baby syndrome'.