Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

D-Man Paul Mara signs with the Habs.

There goes pretty much any chance of Bouillon or Dandy coming back to fill that 7th D-man spot. How messed up was that locker room last year when NONE of the 10 UFAs are coming back????

Guest Low Roller

We can pretty much exclude Dandy and Tom the Bomb for sure now. The Habs picked up Travis Moen for three years.

Seriously, is there even enough cap room to sign the RFAs now?

13 beers ago I didnt get the Paul Mara signing and I still dont. 1 year?

Hab fans lived through Komi's early years and they were rough. I think we owe Ryan O'Byrne the same because a d-man has to learn somewhere and this version of Les Brahs aint going to be winning no Stanley Cup next season. An injury is possible which moves everyone up in the chain but Mara's 1 year deal makes no sense because it might be too much of a depth move.

I dont know. I just dont get it........

Wait. I just got it.

Oh.

No I didnt.

Guest Low Roller

It's a reactionary move to all the goons that the Leafs signed. He'll be there to take and give out the bumps.

Apparently he's a good shot blocker too.

Guest Low Roller

chipchura51.jpg

Last chance homie. One year contract, $500,000.

EDIT: The league minimum salary for a year bothered me. Why so low? The answer lies in the fact that it's a one-way deal, so Chipchura gets $500K no matter what, rather than the $65K he was making for playing in the AHL on a two-way contract. Seeing that it's a one-way deal, odds are pretty good that if Chipchura doesn't make the team out of training camp then he'll be lost to waivers. His days as a Bulldog are done, as might be his days in the Habs organization.

Guest Low Roller

Andreas (who?) Engqvist signed a three year deal with the Habs. Observe his skills:

EDIT: Interesting conditions for the two-way contract. In what essentially comes down to a new form of transfer agreement if Engqvist does not make the Canadiens right out of training camp, then he returns to play for his Swedish Elite team rather than go to the Bulldogs.

The Habs reportedly feel that his chances of making the team this year are so low that he won't even be invited to training camp, however this way the Habs hold his rights for the next three years.