Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

I thought when the Sens hired Hartsburg it was because he was a no-nonsense coach who had the ability to light a fire under his players arses. As much as I love playing arm chair quaterback, I have no idea where the Sens should start their fix because they need alot by the looks of things.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough situation. I was all about the 'fire Bryan Murray' campaign but now I have no idea (2 for ya AD). What can the Sens really do? The players they would want to trade no one wants and the players other teams want the Sens dont want to give up which always sees the discussion start and end with Spezza.

Ride the wave and dump players for picks at the deadline if this poor play keeps up? That's about all I can see right now.

Yeah that's pretty much it I guess.

Spezza, of course, is the obvious bait and you just know when and if he gets traded he'll get his shit together and start to focus a little more becoming a well rounded player and then proceed to haunt the Sens for years (I can feel it in my gut).

Proving that I'm completely delusional, I'm still holding out hope Fisher magically gets hot and we somehow get something for him....groan.

I blame Chris Phillips. Honestly... he's suppose to be a top shut down defenceman, and he's holding a -20 or something like that. Either he's injured, or lost his mojo... or has given up on the Sens... with an 'A' on his jersey, it means nothing but bad things for the team until something is done to positively affect Phillips' game.

Spezza is getting way too much heat... when there's no confidence in the top defensive pairs, the whole team is going to follow.

At least one Sens fan has some sensibility.

If that great sage and eminent psychopath Mike Tyson has taught us anything, it's that it really isn't sporting to gnaw on an opponent's extremities. In other words, Roto, biting another player is about as chicken shit a move as can be imagined (YA HEARD ME SWEDEN!). By your own admission, there is a line. You crossed it. It is only by the grace of the officials' natural incompetence that you weren't thrown out of the game right then and there. And it is only by the grace of God and Jason's two ensuing goals that you weren't mashed into a bloody pulp by the end of the second. I would invite you to ponder, over the next two games, why exactly I, Senator die hard that I am, wouldn't have minded in the least had that actually happened.

Worst. Season. Ever. Confirmed.

Take them out of the oven... they are done.

Looking forward to the 2012 season, after the rebuild has been given sometime to develop. I need a new hobby.

If NHL09 was accurate at all, they would just need me in the lineup to guide them to 5 straight (and counting) cups... plus, I'd also lead the league in scoring (by a 2:1 ratio for the first 3 years, 3:1 the last couple), and have my 4 other linemates in the 2-5 positions this year (2013)...

They traded Alfie for Lehtonen after my first year, Crosby for Spezza in year three (FTW?) but I don't play on his line because we are both centers. Heater joined Edmonton in 2012... but Enver Linsin has taken his spot nicely. (In be a pro, you only play as youself... no control of the coach or GM)

I miss playing online! :(

If NHL09 was accurate at all, they would just need me in the lineup to guide them to 5 straight (and counting) cups... plus, I'd also lead the league in scoring (by a 2:1 ratio for the first 3 years, 3:1 the last couple), and have my 4 other linemates in the 2-5 positions this year (2013)...

:thumbup: Awesome!

and Phillips....

he used to come in all the time with Redden.

One more story...the boys would go to Capones next door for lunch....One day a car on Carling Ave towing a boat went out of control and careened into our parking lot sending the boat flying....

Just missed Phillips car, I was outside having a smoke...Phillips said to the owner of Capones

"Good thing your restaurant is never busy."