Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I am saying is that those forwards are about the only ones GM's will have interest in trading for. No one is going to touch Fisher or Kelly (5pts on the year? Ouch). Too much money, too many years remaining on their contracts.

You don't think some GM is going to remember Fisher and Kelly's performance in the Cup final run and be tempted to see if lightning can strike twice?

Although I don't know if anyone would have the space to trade for Fisher so maybe it's a moot point.

Tampa went down hill when they decided to not sign Khabibulin. Id argue The Senator's demise was deciding to keep Redden over Chara.

If, and that's a huge effin IF, Auld can maintain any type of consistency they may have a goalie. But he's got to be getting on in age too. I really dont see it happening.

What other options are there other than trading Spezza?

I won't argue that... nor would I aggue that Emery leaving the Sens was a bigger deal than most people realize. Say what you want he helped take them to the finals. Yes there were off ice issues but then maybe some of the blame should be on team management, ownership and leadership.

What will be will be. All teams go through rough times. This is just the Sens turn.

All I am saying is that those forwards are about the only ones GM's will have interest in trading for. No one is going to touch Fisher or Kelly (5pts on the year? Ouch). Too much money' date=' too many years remaining on their contracts.

[/quote']

You don't think some GM is going to remember Fisher and Kelly's performance in the Cup final run and be tempted to see if lightning can strike twice?

Although I don't know if anyone would have the space to trade for Fisher so maybe it's a moot point.

[color:purple]See Peter Schaeffer.

Let me put it another way. The NHL is about to face really tough financial times and most execs are fully expecting the cap to contract after next season (they figure it will stay the same next year).

Do the math. Look at those two contracts and how long they are. Just because you remember a flash of 'brilliance' it doesnt mean other GM's are going to throw that much money away. Those 2 players would have to REALLY turn it around for a potential trade to happen. If they dont, they wont move until they are closer to Free Agency.

Note on this: Where is Emery playing? He had a good run too..nuf said..

Other GM's aren't willing to correct Bryan Murray's stupid contracts just to bail them out. He's making $6M... he's got 8pts... Ottawa Maple Leafs of last season in reality...just gonna have to eat it for 2-3 years, it will only get worse for them if the cap tightens...

If the cap tightens then Fisher won't be making $6M. His salary will go down in accordance. At least that's what I understood Pierre McGuire to be saying this morning.

And you make it sound like hockey GM's never make bad decisions. We will see come the deadline.

As for Emery, one word: blackballed.

If the cap tightens then Fisher won't be making $6M. His salary will go down in accordance. At least that's what I understood Pierre McGuire to be saying this morning.

Even if that is true its not as if he will be worth whatever it goes down to because it wont be too deep a cut.